by spinstorm Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Amateur, Terrible Galaxy Fold Launch

I have made my displeasure with the launch of the Fold on EE very clear on twitter. But twitter doesn’t allow me to fully explain my annoyance.

Firstly, purely from a practical perspective I woke up and I headed to two EE stores I was told the day before would have stock today.

Neither received deliveries - that is Kingston and Westfield White City. Neither also had it on their list for delivery today or tomorrow.

So either EE are not giving their stores the correct information or the management is not disseminating that information to staff or the staff simply don’t know what that are talking about. I don’t know which is worse. One shows a lack of organisation on both EE and Samsung and the other shows bad management.

Why was I told there would be stock when their wasn’t? Why was I told that they could keep a phone one Westfield only for them to tell me they had no idea what I was talking about and that they don’t even stock the phone.

And then there is the communication online and through social media.

No pre-orders, no information until the morning in question other then being told it was available in store with stock.

Only to then be told today there is limited stock. Again assuming the support staff and social media staff are good at what they do (which I believe) this shows bad management with the information they were given.

It’s just a total mess. A mess that could have been avoided with pre-orders. A mess that will not repeat itself on Friday with the iPhone launch.

If I was the CEO of EE/BT consumer products and in charge of releasing the Fold to customers on Samsung’s side I would be embarrassed that my companies are doing so badly here.

There is no excuse, this is a management problem.

Please sort it out.

(I have sent this email to both the CEO of BT/EE and Samsung UK as someone needs to call them out on this). 

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Team

Re: Amateur, Terrible Galaxy Fold Launch

Hi @spinstorm,

I'm sorry to hear your experience on launch day hasn't been great. 

Thanks for coming to the community to feed this back.

Have you received a response to your Twitter post? Do you know if the Social team are dealing with your complaint?

I have sent you a private message to get some further information from you regarding you experience.

Alex 🙂

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

I had the pleasure of holding and playing with the galaxy fold today.

I was in a Samsung store in Cardiff.

The guys there said that it is completely sold out in UK although deliveries are coming in tomorrow and friday then that is it.

It is a limited edition phone. Samsung are only manufacturing so many.

They guys also told me only 13 stores in the UK has received stock and 2 of them are in Cardiff.

I wouldnt hold your breathe on getting one if you havent pre ordered.

He told me I can join a massive waiting list and hope the people before me dont show up or change their minds.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

To add.

You cant just go into the stores that have it on display and just play with it.

They are guarding them with their lives. Someones sole job is to stand next to it all day.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.