by mattwfc93
Explorer

Am I able to by a handset only deal online?

Hi,

I have visited an EE store 3 times now trying to purchase a Sony Xperia XA in black. Each time I have been told to check back in a day or two and it will be in. Each time I have checked back I have been told they don't have any yet and I've asked if they will order one for me and they said no as its a popular phone and they usually have loads in... yet I still can't get one. Starting to get quite frustrated as surely its simple to order one in? I'd like to purchase one online to save the hassle of going back to the store for a 4th time, is this possible? I already have a SIM only deal with EE that I purchased on Jan 31st.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Am I able to by a handset only deal online?

@mattwfc93   Do EE do that as a payg device?  As that's your only way to get one and use your sim only tariff.  Or you'll have to get it on a full contract. 

Just had a quick look you can get one from HERE ON PAYG £129.99 to use with your sim only tariff.    ( plus £10 topup ) 

by mattwfc93
Explorer

Thanks for the quick respone.

Yes, I was looking at this but unsure how it would work with the £10 top up? As obviously I don't need to top up as I'm on a pay monthly sim.

The person in store told me I could buy it handset only for £139 and it would be good to go (ie I could insert my sim and it would work fine), is this the case for this?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@mattwfc93  The £139.99 from the store includes  the  £10 top up.   You'll be ok to get this and put your SIM card in it.   It's up to you what you do with the payg sim card that comes with it.    You'll not get it without the payg SIM card and the £10 top up as that's the offer with that device. 

by mattwfc93
Explorer

Perfect, thank you very much, will order this today!

Final question, are you able to elaborate on the bit about the Beats EP headphones in the 'legal bit' on the above link? Does this phone come with free Beats EP headphones?

Thanks again for your help!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@mattwfc93  To be honest I don't know.  Perhaps @James_B. Or @Karen_C can help with this.  

by
EE Employee

Hi @mattwfc93 and welcome to the Community.

I have been doing a little bit of investigation and the terms and conditions relate to an offer which we had before Christmas.

I have sent feedback to have this removed as it is no longer relevant.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.