by pfb2016 Investigator
Investigator

After Galaxy S6 Andriod update EE call forwarding will not set

I had the android  7.0 update the other day and suddenly I can't toggle call forwarding. Its not the update, it's not related to the software. To explain, in call forwarding, Voice call forwarding,  you have Always forward, Forward when busy, forward when unanswered, forward when unreachable. 

Ok because of my job i need to put 'always call forward' on from time to time so that a receptionist can answer my phone on another number. This has always worked. Then i had the update.

Now when i try to toggle on 'always forward' i get ' failed unexpected response from network '.   Did the update kill a setting somewhere? Or has a protocol changed or someting?   My phone call forwarding on EE has worked for two years it doesnt now! 

Help! Please

5 REPLIES 5
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: After Galaxy S6 Andriod update EE call forwarding will not set

Hello @pfb2016 try a network reset by tapping settings>back up and reset>reset network settings (you will have to re-enter WiFi passwords after).

You can control divert always by dialing the following GSM codes then pressing call:

Turn divert always on: **21*enter number#

e.g divert always to voicemail: **21*07953222222#

Turn divert always off: ##21#

Check current status: *#21#

🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @pfb2016

Thank you for coming to community 🙂

Has the fabulous information given by @Profile closed resolved your query?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by pfb2016 Investigator
Investigator

ok for the **21*number#  I get the following message 'call forwarding unconditionally for all basic services connection problem or invalid mmi code. '  The MMI code is working I see it trying, i have tried several times and i have even tried to set up in a different town in case it was a local network issue.

fore check current status *#21#   I get 'call forwarding unconditionally voice not forwarded' 

I'm a little hesitant to do the reset because in the fields for Forwarding >voice call > 'Forwarding when busy' and 'forward when unanswered ' I have the forwarding number I have always used, stored ok. The one I want to toggle but won't is the 'always forward'.  

I'm worried that if I do the reset I will lose the forwarding in all fields.  Then my work will be screwed beyond belief.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @pfb2016 thank you for confirming. Because of the need to preserve previous divert settings please call customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other who have access to accounts to look in to this for you. If it is an EE personal pay monthly account you can also access Live Chat:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly/EE-Live-Chat-ways-to-chat-online/td-p/527811

A network reset should not alter these settings as they are configured by the network not the device but to be safe I would leave that as a last option yes. 🙂

by pfb2016 Investigator
Investigator

Now I am seriously furious!

I decided to phone ee technical services on 150. I could not get through security because they wanted me to guess how I took my contract out ages ago. I had a galaxy s3 and I upgraded and I contacted them requesting an upgrade from on line, I definitely never walked into a store.  They said wrong!  Have another guess, like a guess at what? I never went into a shop and I thought I ordered using an online number, what other guesses are there? This is seriously ridiculous, I have been with ee for years and I'm just asking about call forwarding because right now it's costing my business a lot of money.

So I told them, you cant provide me with a service then I am not paying for one! So when they don't get a payment they are going to know it's me they were talking to! Im not driving to another town miles away with ID just to sort call forwarding!   I'm leaving EE after years because they just got **bleep** ! My contract is up for renewal in a couple of months, it's not happening EE.  

Thanks for the people who tried to help on here.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.