by stuarttunstall Established Contributor
Established Contributor

APN Setting - T.Mobile lms?

Hi

This morning I received a MMS message from EE, I did not open this just cleared it from my screen.. When going into messages it shows a message from EE as the last one, with an old message when I joined last week so I presume it came from the same number, but no sign if a MMS mesage or any ref to todays date.. Any idea what this is? an update maybe?

Also when I look at the APN settings I now have 3... 2 I remember from before:-

1. T Mobile Internet which is selected and has "general.t.mobile.uk " below

2. Virgin Media Mobile Internet with "goto.virginmobile.uk" below

But now I have a 

T Mobile lms with "lms" underneath

Any idea what this last one is? seems to have appeared recently... 

Stuart

5 REPLIES 5
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: APN Setting - T.Mobile lms?

Hello @stuarttunstall it should be your MMS profile (separate to the internet profile already stored). It is not needed on some devices but improves reliability in general. This would have been pushed to your SIM through a text based SIM update. 🙂 
Established Contributor

Thanks for the reply 🙂

I was more concerned it was somthing odd that had happened....

The message I received yesterday was from EE, well I think it was from EE as it added it to other messages I have had from EE 🙂 but was an MMS with no content as far as I could see, and when I opened my messages inbox from EE it was missing, although the EE message was the last received,

Stuart

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @stuarttunstall it should be nothing to worry about and should only improve your service if anything. EE send out updates in various forms, the most common being the old Orange style 'we have updated your settings' texts but these can also be blank like the one you received or simply appear on the screen as a push/broadcast notification for you to accept/dismiss.

If you would like reassurance customer service on 150 from your EE phone or 07953 966 250 from any other can check the account for you. If you are a personal pay monthly customer on an EE plan you can also log in to MYEE online and click the popup box when available to speak to live chat. 🙂
by pichulec Investigator
Investigator

IMS is profile for VoLTE as far as I know.

Voice over Long-Term Evolution (VoLTE) is a standard for high-speed wireless communication for mobile phones and data terminals. It is based on the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) network, with specific profiles for control and media planes of voice service on LTE defined by GSMA in PRD IR.92.[1] This approach results in the voice service (control and media planes) being delivered as data flows within the LTE data bearer. This means that there is no dependency on (or ultimately, requirement for) the legacy circuit-switched voice network to be maintained. VoLTE has up to three times more voice and data capacity than 3G UMTS and up to six times more than 2G GSM. Furthermore, it frees up bandwidth because VoLTE’s packets headers are smaller than those of unoptimized VoIP/LTE

Established Contributor

Thank you for the replies... at least it looks nothing odd 🙂 

Stuart

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.