by Bexie87 Contributor
Contributor

30 days notice and pac code

So...I gave 30 days notice and asked for a pac code my contract ends tomorrow pac runs out on 11th. I didn't want to use the pac code and in t&cs it says to just let them know and I spoke to a guy on the online chat and he said yes can just cancel it by phoning them so i done that to be told i would have to do another 30 days notice even though i had done 30 days notice? Ombudsman going to be involved tomorrow as doesn't seem right to me 

5 REPLIES 5
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Re: 30 days notice and pac code

I'm afraid it's a mistake on your part. The regulations state that when you ask for a PAC the service provider must stop any cancellation request you make.

by Bexie87 Contributor
Contributor

When I gave my 30 days notice and got the pac the guy confirmed that is my 30 days notice and it is cancelled on the 9th Nov (I have the call recording) then the guy online said I can cancel the pac code so I'm confused 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

As you won't use your PAC by the time your 30 days notice is up your contract will not be cancelled and your notice is as if was never given. That's the regs. So if you want to cancel again it'll be another 30 days notice. The Ombudsmen will just confirm that. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Bexie87

Thanks for posting on the community.

Was there a reason you were looking to leave?

The information provided is correct, if you don't use your PAC code your contract would carry on and you would need to give another 30 days' notice to cancel the contract.

If you call us on 150 we will be able to get this sorted for you.

Thanks. Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

EE pay monthly network terms :

8.2.2 Termination with a PAC or N-PAC. PACs or N-PACs are made available upon request and last 30 days from issue. If You request a PAC or N-PAC on or after the date You give Us notice to terminate this Agreement, Your Agreement will terminate once it has been used. If You don’t use the PAC or N-PAC within its validity period, it will expire and this Agreement will continue until You terminate again using the process described in this point 8.2.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.