Highlighted
by tomagion Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

iPhone tethering and the EE Video Pass

My Mum is in hospital and the WiFi is hopeless so she can’t watch her favourite shows from Netflix & BBC iPlayer on her iPad.  She has a 3GB data package on EE monthly so streaming to her iPad using her iPhone hotspot on 4G is going to eat up that in a couple of hours.

my question is, if we added the EE Video Pass to her Add-ons would that allow my Mum to watch her favourite shows on her iPad and minimise the impact on her iPhone data allowance ?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: iPhone tethering and the EE Video Pass

@tomagion   You’ll need to call customer services to do this and if you do all bills will come from one account so one of you will be responsible for all bills, You’ll all need to be present when you call as EE will need their consent to agree to having their account moved onto your account. 

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @tomagion 

It says in the terms and conditions.

We will not stop you from tethering other devices to your mobile
device. However, the EE Video Data Pass is not designed for this
type of use and so we cannot guarantee that any data you use when tethering will be zero rated.

BBC iPlayer isn't one on the zero data app she can use. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by tomagion Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

So, potentially, it’s a suck it and see approach?

What do you know about EE Family Accounts?

currently my Mrs, Mum and I have 3 separate EE accounts.  My Mrs and I both have 100GB per month as we want new iPhones every year, and my Mum has 3GB.  Can we link the 3 accounts together as a Family?

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@tomagion   You’ll need to call customer services to do this and if you do all bills will come from one account so one of you will be responsible for all bills, You’ll all need to be present when you call as EE will need their consent to agree to having their account moved onto your account. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.