Highlighted
by shah312 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

bt sport on youview

Hello,

I am on a EE max plan and have BT sport.

My television has broadband with BT and has a youview box. BT sport on BT is a paid extra. I use it once a month or less so paying for a subscription is not worth it.

As I have access to BT sport from EE (free on my plan) and I can see an extra account on BT website login (same email) reflecting this. Is is possible to view BT sport with my EE subsription rather than making a subscription to BT.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: bt sport on youview

@shah312  No as the EE BT sport add on has to run through the sim to  clarify your free access ( that’s how it should work anyway but give it ago ) 

s.  You can use a chromecast to stream to the TV. 

5 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@shah312  No as the EE BT sport add on has to run through the sim to  clarify your free access ( that’s how it should work anyway but give it ago ) 

s.  You can use a chromecast to stream to the TV. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @shah312

Welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

As @Chris_B mentioned, the the BT Sport subscription with EE is designed for use through a mobile device with the EE SIM inserted.

Chris

by shah312 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Many thanks to both of you for your replies. 

To point out the obvious, should EE not clarify that the free BT sport has to be via SIM card.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for your reply @shah312

It is covered in our BT Sport add-on terms and conditions.

It's also covered on the BT Sport offer page on our website under 'the legal bit' :-

To use the app customers must have a smartphone or tablet containing an EE SIM.

Thanks

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@shah312  It does say it’s on a 4GEE  phone or tablet or sim only plan.  By that definition it’s on a device with a 4G SIM card in it. 

http://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/offers-and-services/bt-sport-entertainment-packs/how-long-will-my-free...

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions