cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the London underground wifi domain name

Jgdw
Visitor

Hi

I'm trying to connect to the wifi on the tube using an android device. I've followed the steps on the ee website but it is also asking for a domain name. Anyone know what I need to type?

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Good Evening @Jgdw

Thanks for posting on the community.

Have you tried following the below steps when you are on the underground;

• Turn on WiFi
  • Select EE WiFi-Auto from the list of networks
  • Set the ‘access method’ to EAP
  • Set your ‘EAP method’ to SIM

Does this help you get connected?

Speak soon, Leanne.

On Android it still requires a domain field to be filled. Help page does not even mentions that. Any help with that?

Thanks

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @dkonstantinou

Welcome to the community.

I can't find any information on the domain name at all. I'd recommend speaking to our technical support team. They'll be able to make sure everything's set up from our end and run through some troubleshooting, if needed.

Chris

Screenshot_20210929-202048.png

I can confirm on Android 11 you're required to specify a domain. Please advise what the value is?

Cheers

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @mariux.

Welcome to the community.

I'd recommend getting in touch with our Tech Care team about this.

They will be able to help you further and get this set up.

Jon

Yeah, I did. They told me to tap settings > general > network > reset network... which is obviously the iPhone menu, NOT Android.

I'm shocked frankly that this information is so obfuscated and the service is so difficult to  get working when it should just work(!). This service gives EE an edge to other providers and, for me, is the only reason I joined. Now I want to get out!

Why is it so difficult?!?!? 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

I'm sorry that they suggested this, @mariux.

If you can get back in touch they should be able to help you further.

Jon

Amazing! They want me to be on the TUBE when I'm talking to them otherwise they can't help. This is brilliant! Excellent support and great service from EE.

Is that "domain" a value that's unique to each customer? Cause that just sounds as poor user experience. I'm thinking it's not a unique value and every EE customer might actually need it. So why on earth aren't there any straight forward, publicly available instructions?

You need to select SIM from the EAP method drop down box.