by Chippy33 Investigator
Investigator

Virgin Underground WiFi stopped working

Hi there,

Are there any issues with bandend at EE about authentication with virgin tube wifi? It simply stopped all of a sudden. Normally it asks me to sign in, which happens automatically. This time it asked me to do it again from scratch. Noup, error.

I text EEWiFi and get a new password, still nothing.

20 REPLIES 20
by
EE Employee

Re: Virgin Underground WiFi stopped working

Hi @Chippy33 and welcome to the community.

I can't see anything on our incident systems, please do give our technical team a quick call to run a diagnostic on your account to see if everything is as it should be.

Many thanks,

Lee

by nikki2603
Explorer

I've got this problem too. As of yesterday it is asking me to sign in again, but when I do, it says "Sorry we encountered an error and you have not been signed in". I used the New password feature and it just sent me my existing password and nothing changed. Still unable to sign in today.

by
EE Employee

Hi @nikki2603 and welcome to the community.

Please do give technical support a quick ring to run a diagnostic as I have mentioned above.

Many thanks,

Lee

by nikki2603
Explorer

Can you give me the number for technical support then please?
by
EE Employee

Hi @nikki2603

Please contact us via a method mentioned in our getting in touch page.

Many thanks,

Lee

by dangoogie
Visitor

can you update here please as mine stopped working yesterday as well so clearly there is something up beyond I individual devices. Thanks.

by Jan_LL
Visitor

This has happened to me too, I came back from being abroad on Tuesday and it now no longer connects. EE- There must be an error on your side surely?

by Chippy33 Investigator
Investigator

I haven't had the time to call yet, my work is just keeping so busy, I can't even think of this small inconvenience, but for anyone that keeps stumbling here with the same issue, the best way is to call them and ask them to reset your ad-on.

As for what's causing this? As someone that works in networks and IT, I believe there could be a handshake error (this happens when 2 servers don't talk to each other, say you go to a new website and instead of registering an account, you ask for "Login with Facebook" or something, that then makes 2 servers share info).

But it's weird only some people are experiencing this and not everyone, which leads me to thing something is at fault on EE's side, nothing that would flag up as "SERVICE DOWN" but some information could have been lost or locked, and calling or texting EE to reset your wifi ad-on (the typical, have you turned it off and on again) should write or rewrite the data on their database and get us all sorted. Unfortunately, this needs to be done individually, if they do it server-wide, those who's service is running will have to login again too and that would be painful.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning.

Thank you for coming here and letting us know.

We have raised this with our support teams who are looking into this.

We will keep you updated as soon as we know more. 

Thanks, Leanne.

by MikeyGr Investigator
Investigator

I have the same issue too. It first occurred on Monday. I tried requesting a new password but this new password also won't login and gives the same message "Sorry, we've encountered an error and you've not been signed in."

I don't know if there's an issue with the exchange of account data between EE and Virgin that is causing the issue, unless my login is being federated and the authentication is not working correctly?

by
EE Employee

Hi @MikeyGr and welcome to the community.

Please see the previous post by @Leanne_T as we have this raised currently with our support teams.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
EE Employee

Hi @Orafaelz and welcome to the community.

Thank you for coming here and letting us know.

We are aware of an issue and this is with our support teams who are looking into this.

We will keep you updated as soon as we know more. 

Thanks,

Lee

by
EE Employee

HI @Bubz786

My colleague @Leanne_T has replied on your other post.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Scarifier
Explorer

In a similar situation. It stopped working last week for me. EE needs to resolve this ASAP and take this as a priority. I use the tube daily and if this is not resolved very soon, I myself will have no choice but to change provider.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Scarifier

Thanks for posting.

We will let you all know when we have further information.

Thanks, Leanne.

by
EE Employee

Hi All,

We have had confirmation that this issues has been fixed over the weekend.

Are you now all able to connect or are you still experiencing issues?

Many thanks,

Lee

by nikki2603
Explorer

I tried this morning and was still unable to sign in, no longer get the error message though. Page just refreshes and does nothing instead now.

Get Outlook for Android
by
EE Employee

Hi @nikki2603

Was this at one station or all the various stations?

Many thanks,

Lee

by MikeyGr Investigator
Investigator

Thanks it seems to be working again now for me.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.