by Jellys28 Contributor
Contributor

Upgraded To SIM Only With Free Apple Subscription BUT...................

can anyone help as to why the subscription to Apple's add-on is not working.

I done an upgrade on my package last week and went with the Sim Only deal which comes with 6 months free Apple Music.

I received an automatic text telling me I had subscribed to Apple and that my 6 months free subcription has just begun and to click the link in the text.  I did this and it took me to the iTunes store on my phone but I only saw the pink iTunes log in page briefly. In fact it came up and quickly went down again and straight into the music app.

I thought it was done and purchased 2 albums only to find Apple have billed me for them.

So i looked on my phone for my subscriptions by following this link from Apple https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202039

When I go down to Subscriptions mine is blank.  In fact Subscriptions tab is not even there

.Image-1.jpg

I look on iTunes and that also shows no subscriptions.

This is the first time I've ever had a subscription with Apple.

I've logged off and on with my iCloud and I've even put the phone back to factory settings and still nothing has changed.

Anyone know why the subscription is not adding

thank you

11 REPLIES 11
by Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

Re: Upgraded To SIM Only With Free Apple Subscription BUT...................

Hello @Jellys28

Have you tried send message Music on 150?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

It also sounds like you are buying iTunes music tracks rather than using Apple music.

On an iOS device, you access Apple Music via the Music app rather than the iTunes Store app.

If you try and stream Apple Music tracks, they simply don't work until you have a Apple Music subscription.

by Jellys28 Contributor
Contributor

Hi @sebastiandm

Yes I did that and it told me that I already have an Apple Music membership.

EE automatically sent me one with the link to the iTunes store to complete the subscription but it doesn't work.

I believe I may have an App problem with the iTunes store.  I just uninstalled the app and signed out off iCloud.

I reinstalled the iTunes Store App and clicked the link from the text EE sent.  This time the Store app stayed opened for me to log in.  First it asked me to log in to iCloud and then log in to the iTunes Store.  Nothing happens when trying to log in to the store.  I put my password in and just sits there allowing me to put in my password again and again.

So i cleared the open apps and tried the link again.  This time is done what i mentioned above.  Briefly opens the store app and takes me to the music app and the subscription still hasn't made it to my account 😞

by Jellys28 Contributor
Contributor

hi @Profile closed

is downloading music available via apple music

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Jellys28 Yes, you can download Apple Music tracks in order to play them off line if you need to.

by Jellys28 Contributor
Contributor

@Profile closedhow do you do that

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Jellys28 You click on the cloud icon next to the tracks:

265576FA-7965-4B5B-8DAA-A858D9F211D5.png

by Jellys28 Contributor
Contributor

that's strange as mine all have plus signs +

by Jellys28 Contributor
Contributor

@Profile closed

if I download these albums are they available to put onto other devices say i wanted to listen to this album in the car but i only have a cd player?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Jellys28 No sorry, you can only listen to or download Apple Music tracks on the iOS device(s) you have your Apple Music subscription on.  You cannot transfer them to CD’s etc unfortunately.

The only option to listen in your car would be to use Bluetooth audio if your car supports that.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Jellys28

Hope the information shared by @Profile closed has helped.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.