by Ohowell14 Contributor
Contributor

Unbranded add on to my bill

Hello I have recently look at my Add ons on my EE app and has come up with an unbranded add on which I um unaware of and do not no what this is

32 REPLIES 32
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Unbranded add on to my bill

Hi @Ohowell14 

is there a charge associated with the add on ?  Have you recently been away or added any extra data to your plan at all?

by Ohowell14 Contributor
Contributor

No I just want it deleted if I go into store they they do this
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ohowell14.

What is the add-on that you would like removed?

Some add-ons have a text code to remove them, and others you would need to contact our Customer Care team.

Jon

by Ohowell14 Contributor
Contributor

It is the unbranded add on in which I expect it to be the Microsoft one as it is not me who purchased it

by

Hi there @Ohowell14

Thanks for confirming this. 

I would recommend getting in touch with our mobile care team who can take a further look at your account.

Katie 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What do you mean by "unbranded"? How is it a Microsoft add-on? All EE add-ons are EE's & have names.

How exactly is it described in your bills & extras of your MyEE?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ohowell14 Contributor
Contributor

It just says unbranded and nothing else which I just expected it to be
Microsoft
by Ohowell14 Contributor
Contributor

BDED73F9-4804-4766-938C-0D159F19CF09.png

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's not an add-on but a Charge to Mobile from some other firm, as it says. You have subscribed, perhaps inadvertently, to some service via Web or TV. EE are not obliged to refund you.

If you can track down the no. or firm it's from I might be able to tell you more. Are there any charged texts with shortcode nos, usually 5 digits, in your bill?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ohowell14 Contributor
Contributor

I don’t want a refund I just want to delete it as it is not from me how to
I do this
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Try texting BAR to 150. This might stop it happening in future.

by Ohowell14 Contributor
Contributor

If not what should I do

by Ohowell14 Contributor
Contributor

If it is from Microsoft and I ring and ask them to delete it would they do that

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Why do you think it is MS? Do you think you signed up for a subscription service with them?

by Ohowell14 Contributor
Contributor

Because I gave a friend a verification code and I think this caused it

by

Hi @Ohowell14,

Has your friend used your phone to make a purchase from the Microsoft Store with mobile billing?

Thanks

James

by Ohowell14 Contributor
Contributor

No but he used a verification code which was sent to my phone
by

Hi @Ohowell14,

Was the verification code from Microsoft?

When someone makes a purchase using mobile billing, a verification code would be sent to the mobile number to authorise the payment.

You should never share verification codes sent to your phone with others, as these can be used to charge services to your bill.

Thanks

James

by Ohowell14 Contributor
Contributor

No but used a verification code I got

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.