Highlighted
by Lard Investigator
Investigator

Says Apple Music free trial has expired

Hi. I have just upgraded my phone and pay monthly plan to a more expensive plan. I was expecting to get a free trial of Apple Music as the EE website says it is available for both new customers and those upgrading their plan. However, when I send ‘Music’ to 150 it comes back to say that my free trial ended on the day that I upgraded my contract. Any help appreciated.

I did use a free trial when I previously updated a couple of years ago but the EE website doesn’t say anywhere that you can’t get the free 6 months if you have already had it.

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Says Apple Music free trial has expired

Good Morning @Lard

The Apple Music free trial is only available once per customer even when upgrading. 

I hope this helps, 

Katie 🙂

by Lard Investigator
Investigator

Thanks

i now see that a number of others have posted similar messages on this forum.

EE need to make this very clear when advertising upgrades. The ads clearly state a free 6 month trial and no disclaimer is made about it not being available if previously used. I think this is one for Trading Sandards.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lard Perhaps you should read the FAQs HERE before you try anything with trading standards.  

But it I’ll put this here 

I already signed up to a six months free Apple Music offer through EE (or direct from Apple) can I also benefit from this offer?

If you’ve already had an Apple Music offer through EE, you can’t get it again. However, if you continued to subscribe to the Apple Music service with EE or have an Apple Music subscription directly with Apple, you’re entitled to six months of streaming for Apple Music, on us. Log in to My EE and go to the 'add-ons' section. Or just text STREAM to 150.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Lard ring 150 and see if they will do anything as there is no account access here on the Community.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@David  Customer services will not do anything if you’ve already had the EE offer.  As stated in the linked it’s a one time offer.   Customer services can not just allow @Lard to have it again or others will want it again and it wouldn’t be fair if customer services said no to some but yes to others. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.