by ShannanC
Explorer

Roam further add on

Hi(:

Im just looking for a bit of advice regarding the EE roam further add on. I am due to go travelling to the USA for a year in January so thought this add on would be very beneficial to my trip, however I am wondering if there is a limit on how many months you can obtain the add on for? Would I be able to have the add on and it work for the whole entire year away?

Thanks in advance!

Shannan. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Roam further add on

Hi @ShannanC 

I think @Chris_B is referring to our stable links policy:

You must comply with the EE fair use policy which includes you being a permanent resident in, or having a stable link to, the UK. We will consider you to have a stable link to the UK if, during any four-month period, you:

• spend a total of two months or more within the UK; or
• mainly use your inclusive voice, text or data usage allowances in the UK, rather than while you are roaming.

If we reasonably believe there is a breach of this stable links policy, we will monitor this based on the combination of your presence in the UK and usage in the EU/EEA/Switzerland for four months.

If, during this four month period, we believe or know that you may have breached the conditions set out above, we will notify you of the breaches and ask you to explain the reasons for this, as well as setting out the type of proof you need to supply to satisfy us that your usage complies with EE’s stable links policy.

Find more information on our pay monthly terms and conditions .

Chris

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@ShannanC  Unfortunately the add on will only provide service for 2 months after this time you’ll be charged for international calls/text and data usage. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

For a year of travelling in the USA I'd get a local SIM. Data will be faster, and locals can call your US number. You can use apps like whatsapp, imessage and RCS to communicate back to the UK most of the time. Keep your contract SIM going if you want to receive incoming texts and for emergencies though, but a local SIM would work out better for long trips.

by ShannanC
Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Would it be possible for you to tell me where you saw this information as I spoke with one EE advisor on the phone and they said it will only last for 2 months so was swaying to just buying a SIM card out in the USA. Upon cancelling my sim only contract the advisor I then spoke to said it’s an add on and will last for as long as you have it added on for so I’m real confused as to what to believe as I don’t want to incur any charges. 

by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @ShannanC 

I think @Chris_B is referring to our stable links policy:

You must comply with the EE fair use policy which includes you being a permanent resident in, or having a stable link to, the UK. We will consider you to have a stable link to the UK if, during any four-month period, you:

• spend a total of two months or more within the UK; or
• mainly use your inclusive voice, text or data usage allowances in the UK, rather than while you are roaming.

If we reasonably believe there is a breach of this stable links policy, we will monitor this based on the combination of your presence in the UK and usage in the EU/EEA/Switzerland for four months.

If, during this four month period, we believe or know that you may have breached the conditions set out above, we will notify you of the breaches and ask you to explain the reasons for this, as well as setting out the type of proof you need to supply to satisfy us that your usage complies with EE’s stable links policy.

Find more information on our pay monthly terms and conditions .

Chris

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions