Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Please, I accidentally bought £20 add on

The add on is bought but "waiting" until I use a tiny bit more data.

I typed stop 20gb but it hasn't cancelled it and it won't let me apply a new add on.

I need to cancel and apply the unlimited which is the one I needed.

The phone lines say they are or urgent emergency only.

Please help me stop the add-on or change it to the right one.  Thanks very much

PS

The help chat isn't working, the circle just goes round

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: Please, I accidentally bought £20 add on

If you read the post before replying it stated clearly that I texted stop and it did nothing.

Fyi texting STOP, by design, doesn't cancel the current data add on, nor a waiting add on in the current billing cycle (eg: because you haven't used up your plan data yet), rather disappointingly it merely only prevents a future add if in the future billing cycle, so doesn't stop a waiting add on in the in the current cycle, whether used, or in this case,  completely unused.

As EE have decided, to make more cash for themselves, to not provide the necessary facility online nor via EE app with which to remove an unused add on waiting in the current cycle, they force the user to phone. Which, not being a mug, I did, and they eventually and reluctantly removed the unused add on.

If EE wish to lessen the numbers of users phoning, they could easily allow users to correct, undo or disable unused purchase mistakes  themselves: via the app, extremely easy to implement.  Obviously  then they'd lose that bit of profiteering from users in financial difficulties who made a mistake or accidental tap. Profit first. Then they say 'don't call up either because we won't put a bit of profit to employ enough call staff to deal with the app telling people to call', and they complain when you do call because, intentionally, it's the only recourse they give. Nice.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

If it's a recurring UK/EU data add-on, text STOP 20GB ADD-ON to 150.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator
Solution

If you read the post before replying it stated clearly that I texted stop and it did nothing.

Fyi texting STOP, by design, doesn't cancel the current data add on, nor a waiting add on in the current billing cycle (eg: because you haven't used up your plan data yet), rather disappointingly it merely only prevents a future add if in the future billing cycle, so doesn't stop a waiting add on in the in the current cycle, whether used, or in this case,  completely unused.

As EE have decided, to make more cash for themselves, to not provide the necessary facility online nor via EE app with which to remove an unused add on waiting in the current cycle, they force the user to phone. Which, not being a mug, I did, and they eventually and reluctantly removed the unused add on.

If EE wish to lessen the numbers of users phoning, they could easily allow users to correct, undo or disable unused purchase mistakes  themselves: via the app, extremely easy to implement.  Obviously  then they'd lose that bit of profiteering from users in financial difficulties who made a mistake or accidental tap. Profit first. Then they say 'don't call up either because we won't put a bit of profit to employ enough call staff to deal with the app telling people to call', and they complain when you do call because, intentionally, it's the only recourse they give. Nice.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Bumblerfumb

I am sorry to hear this; do you now have the correct data add-on?

We’re doing everything we can to help our customers and look after the wellbeing of our people during the Coronavirus outbreak.

Our contact centres in the UK and Ireland are open to help keep you connected, but we have fewer people available to take your calls.

Leanne.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

I did resolve via CS thanks for asking.

Yes I understand your point that CS are limited, perhaps they wouldn't be so hamstrung if EE decided to allow users to undo mistakes instead of charging people for them or forcing them to an overburdened system.

This is the result of profit-over-service strategy.

As an aside, do you know where EE hide the terms for the unlimited data add on.

I've searched and searched to no avail.

I'm looking for specific terms regarding the term unlimited, and the conditions of the limits of lack thereof.  For example bandwidth, total data per add on before throttling, throttling conditions if any, changes in speed or quality of data provision or bandwidth linked to either total data, add-on data or data rate per unit time.

I can't find a single technical document or terms document relating to the unlimited data add on.  If you have a link I'd be very grateful.

If you have answers to my data queries above this would be fantastic.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.