by Badjester Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Phone insurance help needed

I hope this is in the right place... Ok so I already have an S8+ since March. My Dad got the Huawei P20 Pro twilight. Now normally I'm just happy with my Samsung or whatever. I saw this phone and I knew I needed one!! Smiley Tongue  So I ordered one today as a second phone on my account. Here's my question... I have the most insanely good number on my current phone and I am no way losing it. It's practically asll double digits! I also know EE full over won't cover if I put my current sim on the new phone. 

Does anyone know of anyone who would cover this situation or ways around it? Insurance is hugely important to me and so is getting a phone back quick if it got lost or stolen. Also pref a new for new type but I;m not even sure that exists. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Phone insurance help needed

@Badjester  You can put any sim in any device you choose but you’ll need new separate insurance for the new device or you could change your insurance over to the new device.  

If you use your current sim in your new device you’ll be using the allowances from your s8 account.  

by Badjester Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Phone insurance help needed

Hi @Chris_B 

Yeah I totally get that, so do you mean 3rd party insurers like Insure2go and Protect your bubble cover phones that have any sim card in? I have sent some emails off to ask a couple of these companies if they do. Mind you even if they do I'm really dubious of not insuring through the network. I know EE charge more for insurance but in my experience it's been no quibble and phone replaced in 24 hours. You have given me thought though... I do get more data on my current S8+ plan so it would be best to put that sim in the new phone.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.