by Indiaholmes
Visitor

My travel add on hasn’t refreshed!!

I bought the TRAVEL add on a few days ago in China, 500MB per day. It refreshed every day for 4 days and then yesterday it didn’t refresh and it has not refreshed today either.

it is very irritating and I have had to buy another 40MB add on in the meantime. Please help. 

6 REPLIES 6
by Haleyfilliston
Visitor

Re: My travel add on hasn’t refreshed!!

I’m in the USA and mine is doing exactly the same. So frustrating as it was my main source of getting around using maps. Any help would be appreciated 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Indiaholmes and @Haleyfilliston,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Are you still experiencing the same issue?

If you are, please reply to my private message with your details so we can look into this for you.

Thanks

James

by Adev73
Explorer

Mine has just done exactly the same thing! The only thing different to every other day was yesterday I used all my data; normally it expires unfinished. I’m also in China, and my travel pass has always worked fine before now...

Help!

Cheers,

Ade.

by

Hi @Adev73

Thank you for coming to see us in community 🙂

Are you paying daily for your Travel Data Pass?

The Travel Data Pass daily charge will automatically trigger each day you use mobile data on your phone when you're abroad.

Your phone will use data if you have apps that automatically update in the background. This will trigger the daily charge.

The daily charge is:

• £4 a day in the USA and Canada
  • £5 a day in Australia, China, India, Mexico, New Zealand, South Africa, Thailand, Turkey and UAE

If you go over 500MB in a day we’ll give you the option to buy another add-on, valid until midnight UK time that day.

Have you tried to access the internet?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Adev73
Explorer

Hi Richard,

Normally yes, the phone automatically starts a 500MB travel pass, and charges my account. This happened on the 13th-17th as expected. On the 17th, I ran out of data. On the 18th, I expected new data, and got none. Bought a 40mb pass just in case it was late, but nothing doing. Had to buy another 40mb to scrape through the day...

Weirdly, today (19th), it’s showing 0mb available, but data is working, so far.

yes, I’m aware the times are midnight-midnight GMT, I was expecting a refresh at 8am local time.

Cheers,

Ade.

by

Hi @Adev73

Thanks for coming back to me 🙂

I'm pleased to hear that you have the data working now.

Let me know if you have any further problems.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.