by Lauren1412
Explorer

My pack will not activate? Why?

My phone contract ended in the middle of the year, since then I moved to Greece and will be returning back to the UK in 2 weeks. I just paid for a pay as you go pack ready to use for now and when I fly back to the UK and it won’t let me activate my pack? Is it because I am in Greece or is there another reason as to why it is not working?

5 REPLIES 5
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: My pack will not activate? Why?

Hello @Lauren1412 ,

Welcome to the community,

How long is it since you used your phone to make a call, or send a text? You may want to see here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go-and-Flex/What-is-pay-as-you-go-hibernation-and-how-can-I...

Also you say your contract ended in the middle of the year, did you change it to pay as you go? If that is the case that you did not change it to pay as you go, the number will have gone for ever.

by Lauren1412
Explorer

Hi, thanks for getting back to me so quick.

I’ve tried calling the number and it’s rings once and then beeps as if the number has been blocked?
I got a text from EE on the 24th of August saying that it’s been a while since I’ve uses my sim etc

If it’s the case that it’s now not in use and my number has been recycled then will I have to apply for a new sim?

I thought seeing as it let me add a pay as you go add on to my number on my EE account that I’ve always used that it meant I could still use that number

Thank you,
Lauren

Get Outlook for iOS
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Lauren1412 , did you read the link I gave you? It looks like it may have gone into hibernation, but you may not be able to retrieve it, as EE did send you a text message and that should have been a warning to you at that time. There is no account access, so cannot help you any further, sorry.

by Lauren1412
Explorer

Hello,
So seeing as my account has probably gone into hibernation and I can not retrieve it. What do I do about the £20 pack I just paid that has gone into that account? Can I get it back?

Get Outlook for iOS
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lauren1412,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If you get in touch with Customer Care from another phone, they'll be able to access your account to see if it can be taken out of hibernation.

If this isn't possible, they'll make sure your recent top up is refunded.

Hope this helps.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.