Highlighted
by Delsumners Investigator
Investigator

Lookout mobile security

Hi,

Last month, I activated lookout mobile security premium service, I opted to pay the £2.00 per monthly charge through EE billing, which was accepted. This month, I received an email from lookout saying payment was not accepted and my premium service will removed. I have spoken with EE billing, I have no blocks or restrictions on my account.

My question is how can solve this, I'm a EE pay monthly customer, I've chosen the correct payment option, is EE not working in partnership with lookout billing?

Any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Lookout mobile security

Hi @Delsumners

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/managing-and-using-my-account/warranty-and-insurance/lookout-mobile-s...

Please read above lookout premium no more available via EE but you still can subscribe this directly with lookout. 

I Hope this will help. 

Thanks 

10 REPLIES 10
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Delsumners if you really want Lookout Premium then try opting into it again in the sane way you did before. If that again fails after a month then you could always opt into it with a different payment method directly from the Lookout website. 

Lookout and EE have a partnership of sorts. EE promotes it to all of its customers. EE gets a payment per EE customer who joins and stays with Lookout. 

Decide whether you want Lookout Premium or to stick with the free version.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Hi @Delsumners

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/managing-and-using-my-account/warranty-and-insurance/lookout-mobile-s...

Please read above lookout premium no more available via EE but you still can subscribe this directly with lookout. 

I Hope this will help. 

Thanks 

Investigator

Hi tyler123,

Thanks for your reply/advice.

I'll do what you've suggested, I'd prefer to use EE billing if at all possible.

Failing that, I'll have to use Google play store or use credit card, but I assumed it be beneficial to EE to pay it for me.

Will add, lookout will try again for the payment in few days time, I'll update my post with any news.

I'll mark your post as a solution.

Many thanks Del

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Delsumners.

Thanks for agreeing to update the community with your progress.

I hope you manage to get it sorted 🙂

Let us know if you have any further trouble.

Jon

Investigator

As promised, an update to my original post.

It appears that EE or Lookout don't want my custom!!!!!!

Lookout have tried again on 12 May for payment but it has failed (pre_auth_failure).

What I don't understand, I've authorized EE to pay Lookout via EE billing, so why is this not happening? 

I don't want to pay for yearly subscription and do not have a credit card to pay monthly direct to Lookout, which only leaves me having to use the free version which is very limited.

In conclusion, if EE are not willing to authorize payments to Lookout, take away the option in the ways to pay.

by

Thanks for getting back to us @Delsumners.

I'd recommend contacting our Mobile Care team so they can check your account and make sure there are no payment restrictions set up.

Jon

Investigator

Hello jon_k,

Thanks for your reply, I had already contacted EE billing before I started my thread/topic. I have no account or spending restrictions, the billing dept don't understand why it's not gone through. If it's not EE then it's Lookout who's at fault?

I'll contact Lookout via email and see if they can solve it from their end.

Will keep updating as I go on.

by

Hi there @Delsumners

Thanks for coming back to us.

That would be great if you could update us with how you get on.

Speak soon.

Leanne.

Investigator

Final update.

I have contacted Lookout via email, they have kindly replied back to me.

They say there is a problem with the EE billing on their side and currently working on fix to resolve the issue.

They have given me a complimentary free month as a gesture of goodwill. 

I'm glad the issue is now resolved.

Thanks to all who have replied.

by

Hi there @Delsumners

Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Glad this is being resolved for you.

Leanne 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions