by kullyrobinson Investigator
Investigator

I'm abroad and added a add-on but it's not showing

Hi I'm currently abroad in Egypt, I added a add-on, so I could call home over Xmas etc but I never received a confirmation of it and I've obviously been making calls, how can I make sure it's on? Also I added an internet bundle on and it lasted 9 mins for £25 and I didn't even open a webpage? Also the EE app stopped working too but it's back up, I just don't want a massive bill when I get back - please help. 

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I'm abroad and added a add-on but it's not showing

@kullyrobinson  Login to the my EE app  ( over WiFi if you can ) and look at plan and add ons. Then click see you add ons.   You only get MB of data with a bundle while in Egypt so it will not last long at all if you’ve got any apps that are using data in the background.  

Have a look at THIS to see costs. 

Investigator

@Chris_B 

Thank you for your prompt response.  

Regarding the internet add-on, I added 45MB as the WiFi was so bad here but just tried to open a web page but took 9 minutes and then I ran out.  I understand about background apps etc but still find it hard to believe it would go so quickly.  

I'm more concerned about the phone call charges as my add-on isn't showing anywhere but I definitely added it? can you assist on that? Xx

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@kullyrobinson  If it took about 9 minutes to open a web page it probably used your data add on.  

Unfortunately this is just a public forum and there is no account access from here.   If you can use WiFi you could login to your online account and use live chat when it pops up to chat to an agent.  You’ll need to do this tomorrow now a customer services is now closed. It opens again at 8am UK time. 

Investigator

@Chris_B

Thank you, I've been trying to get the live chat option, but still nothing, I've tried all different times of day too. Is there anyway I can contact EE as I really need to contact them? Is there a link to a messaging service or even an email address that is monitored? Xx

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @kullyrobinson

I hope you're having a lovely time in Egypt!

I have sent you a private message for some further information.

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.