by Janny49 Investigator
Investigator

I have 250 free texts in my pack. I had 211 texts left.sent 2 and down to 205

I have a pack with 250 texts. I had 211 left. Sent two texts and went down to 205. Why?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor
Solution

Re: I have 250 free texts in my pack. I had 211 texts left.sent 2 and down to 20

Most likely due to the length/'content of the text. Each text consists of a 160 character limit, although emoji type images would use a lot more than a single character.

Most phones would have a counter when typing the message (41/160, for example) which increases with each character, allowing you to see if you are within a single message or if you have crossed in to multiple.

If you set up My EE, you should be able to see in your usage duplicate messages sent at the same time to the same number,

2 REPLIES 2
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor
Solution

Re: I have 250 free texts in my pack. I had 211 texts left.sent 2 and down to 20

Most likely due to the length/'content of the text. Each text consists of a 160 character limit, although emoji type images would use a lot more than a single character.

Most phones would have a counter when typing the message (41/160, for example) which increases with each character, allowing you to see if you are within a single message or if you have crossed in to multiple.

If you set up My EE, you should be able to see in your usage duplicate messages sent at the same time to the same number,

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@KROSOTV : You won't see free texts within your allowance in MyEE. All that happens is that as a multi-SMS is sent in parts your allowance remaining decreases by more than 1.

As you are typing the text the counter usually appears like "part no. / Chars remaining".

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.