by Kirsty2515

How to change your swappables?

Does anyone know how to change your swappables other than by txt? When you read the instructions on the website it says go to the benefit tab to change but I can’t find that anywhere? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Team
Solution

Re: How to change your swappables?

Hi @Kirsty2515,

Welcome to the community 🙂

When you use the text service PICK to 150 to add a new Swappable or SMART to 150 to find out about your current Swappable, are you getting an error message?

You can also manage your Swappables online.

log in to My EE or use the My EE app,  go to Menu > Plans, Swappables & add-ons, select the Swappables tab.

Come back and let me know how you get on.

Alex 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kirsty2515   

1. log in to My EE or use the My EE app.
  2. go to Menu > Plans, Swappables & add-ons.
  3. select the Swappables tab

Or text PICK to 150

And text SMART to 150 to find out about your current swappable

by
EE Community Team
Solution

Hi @Kirsty2515,

Welcome to the community 🙂

When you use the text service PICK to 150 to add a new Swappable or SMART to 150 to find out about your current Swappable, are you getting an error message?

You can also manage your Swappables online.

log in to My EE or use the My EE app,  go to Menu > Plans, Swappables & add-ons, select the Swappables tab.

Come back and let me know how you get on.

Alex 🙂

by Patrick_Rice Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I'm having an issue, as per the post here:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Add-ons/Account-says-You-have-0-active-Swappable-benefit-but-lists-the...

Whereby like other users, it offers me TWO Swappable Slots, but ONLY Amazon Video as any of the benefits, if I use the My EE Website, or the My EE App.

So I too thought I'd make use of the TEXT based option (Text the word "PICK" to 150) as an easier/clever way of sorting this web/app bug/issue.

Alas, that's no help, as using the TEXT service, just results in you receiving a text stating:

"The easiest way to select or swap your benefits is on the My EE app, available on the iOS App Store and the Google Play Store.  Your benefits can be swapped quickly and simply, under the 'Plan , Benefits, and Add-ons' section. Alternatively, you can swap benefits online on My EE at ee.co.uk/myee"

So I don't really see WHAT the point of the TEXT based Picker is, if all it does it ultimately tell you to use the web or app you *already tried* ?

*lol*

In the meantime, I'll try webchat to see if they can ad them correctly...

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Patrick_Rice

Thanks for coming to the community.

Has your plan started today?

Let us know how you get on after chatting to us.

Leanne 🙂

by Patrick_Rice Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Leanne_T

Yes, the plans started today - but that's not the issue, as both the app and the web version of My EE recognises they are Smart plans already.  The issue is that it only shows one single option for Swappables (Amazon Video), from all those that SHOULD exist, so once you add this to one of the 'slots', it won't let you add any other, as there are effectively no other options for it to offer you.  As per the OP in that thread mentioned.

But we might be getting a bit OT here, in that this thread was more about the ability to use the TEXT service to add swappables - or rather, lack thereof, as the TEXT / 150 / PICK option is a misnomer, as ultimately all that option does, it generate the text message response I highlighted, which simply tells you to use the App or the Web.

Thus it's not a text option at all.

I was just flagging this fact up here, in case other members were getting confused by the inability to choose Swappables by using the Text/150 option - it's because their isn't actually such an option.

Thanks again, and hope this clarifies.  For my part, Webchat were able to add them, as I suspected they would, so to that end, it's resolved.

Kind regards,

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.