cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

How do I change my Apple Music plan to Family?

mrsshocks
Contributor
Contributor

How do I change my Apple Music plan to Family? Thank you. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@mrsshocks if you have this with EE you’ll need to cancel it and take out the family plan with apple directly you can do this from within your iTunes account.  

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@mrsshocks if you have this with EE you’ll need to cancel it and take out the family plan with apple directly you can do this from within your iTunes account.  

Thank you 

Thank you Chris_B, that's really helpful. Sorry if this is a daft question but will all my apple music (ie library, playlists etc) still be intact when I then "rejoin" with apple to set up a family plan?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @StevePerry1.

I believe once you cancel your subscription, any current playlists will be lost. 

Katie 🙂

Hi Katie,

Many thanks for your reply. I can live with losing a few playlists, it's the library of downloaded tracks that would be the major problem... do you know if these go as well and if so if there's any way around it?

@StevePerry1  Anything you’ve downloaded will be removed,  until you rejoin.  It’s not your music to keep as you’ve not purchased the music to keep without the Apple Music subscription and that’s only a to listen too subscription. 

just make sure when you join with a family plan you use your Apple account to setup the family plan. 

Thank you Chris_B - fully understand that I only "own" my purchased tracks and that I can't have the rest without a subscription. The important thing is that my carefully assembled library will still be intact when I rejoin with a family plan, presumably linked to my Apple ID.

Many thanks, 

Steve

Hi @StevePerry1 , Did you move to the family account and was your playlists/tracks restored? I am looking at the same issue.

Thanks.

Hello,

Can you let us know if this worked - you retained all of your music and playlists after your individual subscription was cancelled and you rejoined through Apple?

Thanks.