by Kaydi Investigator
Investigator

Every time I click to get add on it says I don’t permission to access page

My data runs out today and again EE didn’t send me the promised email to tell me. I set up monthly payments but it’s saying the next one is due in October, the one for September failed. I topped up today but accidentally chose a £20 top up, I usually chose £25 but when I tried to add another top up it said the £20 is still being processed so I couldn’t add another. So I tried to change the credit into data by getting an add on but every time I click on get add on it takes me to a page saying You don’t have permission to access /wifiauth/ on this server?? Please can someone help me? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Every time I click to get add on it says I don’t permission to access page

Buy add-ons from http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase when not connected to WiFi. You may be getting that error msg from being connected to WiFi.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Buy add-ons from http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase when not connected to WiFi. You may be getting that error msg from being connected to WiFi.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Afternoon @Kaydi

Thanks for coming here.

Has the link @XRaySpeX provided helped you get a data add-on?

Are you using a mobile phone or WiFi device?

Thanks. Leanne.

by Kaydi Investigator
Investigator

Sorry for the delay in replying, I’ve had a hectic couple of days and not had a chance. Yes thank you, I followed the link in XRaySpeX’s email to get my add on. I did this last time too but I will try clicking on the add ons next time without WiFi to see if that makes a difference. 

I’m using a WiFi device for my iPad. 

Kaydi

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Yes, as you are connecting your iPad by WiFi to a mobile BB router you use that. I was assuming from your OP that you were talking about an ordinary mobile phone with a SIM in it. That's when you don't connect to WiFi to get to the add-on page..

by

Good Morning @Kaydi.

I'm glad @XRaySpeX managed to help you out 🙂

Please feel free to come back to the community any time.

Jon

by Kaydi Investigator
Investigator

I think I’ve been too quick to click Solution on this as clicking on add ons still gives me a page saying I don’t have permission to access the add on page. I was only able to get my add on by following the link in my email. I did this last time too but I had deleted the last email from the community and I shouldn’t have to submit a question to get a link to enable me to get an add on every time. 

Please can someone also also tell me why I do not get an email to tell me my data is low? I spoke to someone on the phone who assured me my account is set up to receive these emails but I’ve never received any and have to keep logging on to check my data to make sure it doesn’t run out. 

Kaydi

by

Hi @Kaydi.

Are you using the link that @XRaySpeX provided earlier?

When you you use 80% of your data, you will get a text message to let you know. Then, when you use 100% of your data, you will get another text message with a link to buy more.

You can also manage your data usage in your My EE Account.

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kaydi wrote:

as clicking on add ons still gives me a page saying I don’t have permission to access the add on page.

Clicking on add-ons where? What is the URL in the address bar of your browser that it is objecting to?

You don't need to keep an Community email to click on the link I gave you. Just come to the Community here & open this thread. You can see my link further up. It will always be here.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.