Highlighted
by Julian3
Explorer

Does add on data rollover?

This month I bought a data add on - 2GB for £9.99. But looking at the terms, if I don’t use it it by the time my data gets refreshed, it disappears.

I can just about understand that my normal monthly data alloawance doesn’t get rolled over (although my kids on Virgin get theirs rolled over, lucky them).

But surely if I spend an extra tenner on data I should get to keep it until I use it?

Perhaps I’m getting this wrong, but it seems that EE are selling me data that that they are then quite literally stealing back from me.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Does add on data rollover?

@Julian3: No, as you've been told it only lasts to the end of your bill cycle. If you don't use it, you lose it! That's how it's offered to you:

UK Data5

Monthly Data 1GB

£4.99

Recurring

End of bill cycle (100MB)

£1.99

One-off

End of bill cycle (250MB)

£2.99

One-off

End of bill cycle (1GB)

£7.99

One-off

End of bill cycle (2GB)

£9.99

One-off

End of bill cycle (5GB)

£12.99

One-off

End of bill cycle (10GB)

£19.99

One-off

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Julian3: No, as you've been told it only lasts to the end of your bill cycle. If you don't use it, you lose it! That's how it's offered to you:

UK Data5

Monthly Data 1GB

£4.99

Recurring

End of bill cycle (100MB)

£1.99

One-off

End of bill cycle (250MB)

£2.99

One-off

End of bill cycle (1GB)

£7.99

One-off

End of bill cycle (2GB)

£9.99

One-off

End of bill cycle (5GB)

£12.99

One-off

End of bill cycle (10GB)

£19.99

One-off

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Julian3
Explorer

Well, I have to say I think that sucks.

Been an EE customer for a while now, but when contract is up i’ll be moving to a provider that rolls over data.

Unless EE start doing that..........?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Julian3,

Welcome to the EE Community.

If you need more data than you get with your existing plan, I would recommend getting in touch with our Mobile Care Team to discuss changing to a plan better suited to your needs.

They'll be happy to run through your options with you.

James

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Julian3 wrote:

Well, I have to say I think that sucks.

Been an EE customer for a while now, but when contract is up i’ll be moving to a provider that rolls over data.

Unless EE start doing that..........?

Doesn't matter how long you have been a customer its not a policy EE have.

Other networks do but you'll find they are probably more expensive as you are actually paying for the service.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions