by sjn Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Current T-Mobile Smart Pack options and codes?

Could anyone link me to a place on the site where I can view current options, and correct text codes and numbers, for Smart Packs, for those of us still on T-Mobile?

I can't find T-Mobile-specific info anywhere now, and I'm quite confused about which codes/numbers are still valid, and which are for EE-only. 

(I understand that switching to EE would simplify things - but I'm mostly out of the UK now, and my return trips so far haven't been long enough to deal with it.)

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Current T-Mobile Smart Pack options and codes?

They can be found in TM PAYG Smart Packs .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @sjn

You can find them via the T&C page or by calling 150 from your handset.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the link, Northerner.  Good info there, though I don't see anything resembling the old 'Smart Packs'.  

Unlike the 'Boosters', the 'Smart Packs' were perfect for my needs before.  So I'd like to understand - before I travel back to the UK again - if they're still available, and if the codes I have are stlll valid.   

But if all that's available is what's showing under the PAYG T&C page, I guess I'm out of luck.

Thanks also for the reminder that I can call 150  - will try that once I land in the UK again (don't like to do voice calls from abroad).

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@sjn anything T-Mobile is well outdated compared to the EE.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@sjn when your back in the UK you can request a EE sim and keep your number 

You will also get £10 free credit via this link.

https://shop.ee.co.uk/plans-and-packs/pay-as-you-go-packs/move-to-ee

Valued Contributor

I certainly agree, @David - clunky online management (about to disappear altogether), apparently very limited PAYG offerings left, no 4G...

The problem is that I'm currently living abroad and haven't (yet) been able to make the switch.

EE won't send a new SIM abroad (and it wouldn't activate here anyway). 

Plus some of the horror stories about how long folks have lost service for, during the transfer, make me very paranoid about trying to do it during my brief trips back.  That's that's precisely when I really need my UK number to work! 

Valued Contributor

@David - thanks for the reminder about the credit.  Good tip.

I'm certainly going to have to finally deal with this during my next trip back and will take advantage of that.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@sjn make sure you make a chargeable action on your account every 6 months to keep it active.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

They can be found in TM PAYG Smart Packs .

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@XRaySpeX that's pushing 6 years old 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@David: Best I can find! You find newer Smiley Wink. EE seems to have obliterated it. It's nowhere to be found on EE Help.

Still the options & codes wouldn't have changed much, if at all, & that's what OP is asking for.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@XRaySpeX there isn't any newer 

Valued Contributor

Many thanks @XRaySpeX for the link - that's what I was looking for!

I also just found some notes I'd made in 2017 about another alternative -  'Everything' packs, apparently also for T-Mobile.

They seem largely similar to the 'Smart' packs, except they require texting 441, rather than 150  - no idea of the significance of that. 

Hopefully one of these options will still work, until I can finally make the switch and clear up this mess! 😉

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

@sjn wrote:

I also just found some notes I'd made in 2017 about another alternative -  'Everything' packs, apparently also for T-Mobile.

They're not packs on T-M. There are Everything packs on EE requiring texting to 150 but I think you are thinking of Everyday Plans. T-M Plans come in various flavours: Everyday, Talk, Text & Blewberry which determine what the standard per-unit call, text & data rates are. Smart Packs (& Boosters) are available as add-on extras to all these T-M plans.

It's all covered in T-Mobile pay as you go price plans and call charges . I would have referred you to that earlier but it did not give the codes you wanted. So I went on a hunt for you ( @David Smiley Wink ) :).

Valued Contributor

@XRaySpeX wrote:

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

@sjn wrote:

They're not packs on T-M. There are Everything packs on EE requiring texting to 150 . 

Thanks for the correction.  The info was from a chart I'd put together myself, comparing TM and EE add-ons (at that time).  I had put 'Everything packs' under both 'brands', but I guess that was a mistake. 

But hopefully the TM Smart Packs will work for a while longer.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.