cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Cannot connect to EE WiFi auto

Sniti11
Investigator
Investigator

I cannot connect to EE WIFI auto underground. When I try connect, it asks for username and password which doesn’t work. I had a reset from 9527. I tried to access via virgin media WiFi chosing EE but I get an error message saying contact customer service. 

Help? 

46 REPLIES 46

Hi, I have a Zenfone 5z on Oreo 8.0. Bought 2 weeks ago an ee payg sim, topped it up with 10£ on 31 dec. Yet I still can't connect to EE wifi-auto. I checked and EAP method is on SIM. Any suggestions?

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Good Morning @Robzzilla.

Welcome to the community.

Are you getting any sort of error message when you're trying to connect?

Jon

Good morning @Jon_K

It tries to connect over and over again without success, sometimes it says that it's disconnected

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks @Robzzilla.

Are you able to try and forget the network and try connecting again?

Jon

Yes, I've done that many times but with no luck, after a while it states that Authentication failed 😞

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

I see @Robzzilla.

I'd recommend contacting our technical support team so they can have a look at your account and make sure everything is set up correctly.

Let me know how you get on.

Jon

Thanks for your support and time @Jon_K , I forgot to mention that I have 2 sim cards in my device:

1st ee with data, 2nd is orange in ee roaming with only voice and texts allowed. Might this affect my wifi connection. I will remove the 2nd and try it again in the  tube station. 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

It's certainly worth a try @Robzzilla.

Let us know if this works when you manage to give it a try!

Jon

So I contacted Customer support and they fixed this issue the second day. Now I can connect to EE Wifi without issues

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Brilliant news, @Robzzilla. 🙂

Glad you managed to get sorted.

Do you know what they did to fix it?

Chris