cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Can’t connect to London Underground WiFi

Habib786
Investigator
Investigator

My iPhone XS Max can’t connect to the WiFi in London Underground. I tried Virgin media (open) WiFi, asked me for username and password after clicking on EE logo, but no luck, says “speak to customer service to register for WiFi”. 

I had same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S8 plus. But I solved it after EE CS told me to choose SIM option from SAP list. So my Android device is fine now. 

But iPhone still can’t connect, EE CS said they raised a ticket with level 2 technical support team. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? 

The “EE WiFi Auto” channel in the underground asks you for username and password, to which you type in and it don’t work. 

Anyone know how to sort this out?

Thank you in advance. 

جزاك الله خيراً

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Habib786
Investigator
Investigator

Ask the EE customer service to reset your network settings from their side, then you will receive a text saying “we have updated some of your settings”, after this go ahead and reset your network settings through the settings app, Go to: Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings. This will automatically restart your phone, after that restart your phone again. Hopefully it should connect to “EE WiFi-Auto” without asking any password + username. It worked for me. I am using iPhone XS Max. 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you texted 'EEWifi' to 9527 and waited a few minutes to get registered and notified about it?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi X-Ray, I did send EEWiFi to 9527 numerous times, gave me new passwords and tried those new passwords. No luck, android lets you choose SIM from the drop down menu of SAP, then it connects. But iOS doesn’t have that option, so you are stuck with username and password. 

@Habib786 wrote:

android lets you choose SIM from the drop down menu of SAP

PLease explain. I don't understand. Normally there is only 1 SIM in a phone. So no choosing to be done. What's SAP? Or are you just talking about dual SIM phones? If so, why would it have anything to do with connecting to London Underground WiFi?                                        

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Basically android let’s you access more settings when you connect to WiFi, specially when you connect to EE WiFi Auto, you see a big list of settings that let u choose different settings, there’s a setting called SAP or the SAP is part of the list on which it says SIM. So when you choose SIM option, it doesn’t ask you for username and password anymore, automatically connects. My phone doesn’t have two sims. Single SIM phone. I got this instruction from EE CS themselves while I was at the tube station. I spent an hour in tube station trying to solve this. 

Thanks! There is a problem with a recent iOS update on all iPhone models unable to connect to London Underground WiFi Network. It often manifests itself as asking for a pwd when it shouldn't. Just have to wait for Apple to comeback with a new iOS update!

So now everyone got to wait for Apple to sort this out when EE and Virgin media are the ones providing the WiFi in the underground 😂😂😂. How come apple gets the blame for everything. Lol I was lucky to carry two phones with me. Let’s see how this chain of events unfold upon Apple, EE and Virgin. 

That's what I last heard others are doing but perhaps someone else might know the latest state-of-play.

Habib786
Investigator
Investigator

Ask the EE customer service to reset your network settings from their side, then you will receive a text saying “we have updated some of your settings”, after this go ahead and reset your network settings through the settings app, Go to: Settings > General > Reset > Reset network settings. This will automatically restart your phone, after that restart your phone again. Hopefully it should connect to “EE WiFi-Auto” without asking any password + username. It worked for me. I am using iPhone XS Max. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Habib786

Thanks for sharing 🙂

Have a great day.

Leanne.