by AvrgConsumer Investigator
Investigator

Can i redeem my 6 months free apple music at any time?

Pretty silly question I think so I apologise if I'm being totally obnoxious but I just can't seem to find the answer in the Help pages. Can I still apply the 6 months EE add on later on in my contract? Let's say like a couple months later?

This is only because I see that Apple Music are offering a 3 month trial also, so that could potentially be 9 months in total free which would be awesome. ( unless there's something im missing)

Thanks in advance! 🙂

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Can i redeem my 6 months free apple music at any time?

Hi @AvrgConsumer

Thanks for dropping by the EE Community 🙂

Yes, you can take advantage of the Apple Music offer at any point of your contract. So there is nothing stopping you taking the 3 month offer then cancelling it.

Once you cancel the Apple free trial, you have to text MUSIC to 150 the day after.

This will begin the process for the free 6 month trial with us.

Chris 🙂

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@AvrgConsumer Take the EE offered first then take Apples offer.  

by
Solution

Hi @AvrgConsumer

Thanks for dropping by the EE Community 🙂

Yes, you can take advantage of the Apple Music offer at any point of your contract. So there is nothing stopping you taking the 3 month offer then cancelling it.

Once you cancel the Apple free trial, you have to text MUSIC to 150 the day after.

This will begin the process for the free 6 month trial with us.

Chris 🙂

Investigator

Thanks Christopher, I had followed Chris' advice before you stated this and attempted to activate my EE subscription first (currently having a few problems with it now but it's activated on my EE add ons but not on Apple Music but that's for another time).

Will I still be able to use the 3 month free trial after the 6 months finishes?? 

by

Thanks for getting back to me @AvrgConsumer 🙂

As long as you haven't had the 3 month free trial with Apple before, I believe you will still be able to take advantage of their offer too.

I must state, however, that Apple's offer is independent to our offer and they have their own terms around this.

If you're still having problems with your EE Apple Music subscription, I recommend having a chat with our customer services team, I'm sure they'll be able to help.

Chris 🙂

Investigator

Many thanks for that information Chris, and I've realised that my Apple Music does indeed work, but there appears to be an error in the app actually stating that I'm with a membership. I'm able to play and download music online and for offline use, it's just for some reason when you check out your account details there's no official record of you having an membership. 

Again thanks for all the information!

by

I'm glad @Christopher_G was able to give you the information you needed @AvrgConsumer Smiley Happy

You won't be able to view your EE Apple Music membership in the app, the subscription will show in the add-ons section in your EE account.

Thanks again for visiting the community.

James

Investigator

Oh I'm aware of that, I wasn't concise enough about the problem, it's not really an issue since the I'm still able to use the app to it's full effect. It's just every time i sign in it will take me to a screen asking me to purchase a membership, I have to back out a couple times before it let's me into the app buts it's fine. When I check my profile it also asks me to "Join Apple Music." But besides these odd glitches it works a treat. Thanks anyway!

by

No problem @AvrgConsumer

Have a great evening Smiley Happy

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.