cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Can I cancel my insurance online?

PixieTurner
Explorer

Hi, I purchased my insurance with EE directly, in store, when I upgraded my phone in February. I wish to cancel this insurance, but don't want to call 150 unless absolutely necessary, as the wait times are currently long thanks to covid19, and it's not strictly 'urgent'.

If there is a way to do this online so I don't have to call please let me know.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @PixieTurner

There is no online option to cancel your insurance, this will need to be done by calling 150

Katie 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Katie_B

Good Afternoon @PixieTurner

Thanks for coming to the community. 

You can cancel your insurance within 14 days of receiving your policy documents and receive a full refund, unless you have made a successful claim. After the 14 day period, we refund the part of the monthly premium paid on your next Airtime Plan bill, from the date we receive your cancellation instructions.

You will need to call 150 from your EE handset to request to cancel your insurance, other available options can be found HERE.

Katie 🙂

Hi Katie,

Yes I already found the information you provided online. My question is: is there ANY possible alternative to calling 150 to sort this?

Katie_B

Hi @PixieTurner

There is no online option to cancel your insurance, this will need to be done by calling 150

Katie 🙂

I tried calling a few times and but I can’t be redirected because there is a problem. When I was in store I said that I don’t want insurance. On my first bill everything was okay but the second one was a bit higher and then I saw that I was charged for full cover when I said I want to cancel it and they said that it was cancelled! 

Katie_B

Hello @Veneta68

Thanks for coming to the community.

I am so sorry to hear this has happened. 

I have sent you a private message for more information. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂