by pmnry
Explorer

Call to French mobiles

Hi,

I am customer since a few months and used to call French mobile numbers without any issues. However since a few days I get a vocal message saying "This number are barred from your phone. I am sorry. Goodbye." whenever I try to call a French mobile.

From other posts I have checked it seems that I need to enable "International Calls". Does anyone know why I was able to call French mobiles before and not anymore?

I thought calls to EU countries were free.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Call to French mobiles

@pmnry   Calling out of the UK to a  International number has always been chargeable and is not included in your allowance and is not free.  If you was in the EU you can call any other EU number at no extra charge its just calling out of the UK as your not roaming in the UK. 

Is it more than one French number or just one 

If your getting that reply it is stating the number your calling has bared you from calling it.  

by pmnry
Explorer

@Chris_B Thanks for your answer.

I was able to call from the UK to France until a few days ago without any additional charge though (I have a 0£ spend cap). There were more than one number.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@pmnry   If you have a zero spend cap this will probably why you cannot call international numbers.  

Have a read of THIS about how to change this. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.