Highlighted
by Bluekev Contributor
Contributor

Bt sport casting to chromecast not working

I've registered to cast from my BT Sport app but it will not cast to my chromecast. The app works fine a d my chromecast works fine but the video continues to play on my handset instead of on TV. I have text Sport to 150 which confirms the expiry date of my three months free casting. Can you help? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Bluekev Contributor
Contributor
Solution

Re: Bt sport casting to chromecast not working

Finally got this working after 3 days. ..

I called Tech support level 2 who had to speak to the BT Team, seemingly my casting wasn't set up on the BT side. They enabled it while I was on the phone and casting worked straight away. Just a shame it took three days to resolve, and after two scheduled call backs failed to happen I had to call tech support myself, who were very helpful as it happens. 

To anyone who has this same issue, I would recommend calling tech support straight away rather than trying live chat, you'll get it sorted much quicker. 

23 REPLIES 23
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Bluekev.

Welcome to the community 🙂

When did you add the casting feature to your account?

Has this ever worked before?

Jon

by Bluekev Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jon, 

It was added at around 7:30 last night. Can it take a while to activate?

Thanks 

Kevin

by

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly @Bluekev.

The casting feature can take up to 24 hours to activate.

Was the casting button greyed out last night?

Jon

by Bluekev Contributor
Contributor

The casting button seems to be active, when I press it I can connect to my chromecast but when I select a video to watch I'm now presented with a message saying I need to enable casting for BT Sport and to text Sport to 150. However, when I do this it confirms I have casting enabled with an expiry date of 6th Feb 19.

Kevin. 

by

Thanks @Bluekev.

I'd recommend giving it the 24 hours to fully activate, but keep trying throughout today, I know the Champions League is on again tonight!

Our technical support team would be able to check that casting is on your account, but they wouldn't be able to run through troubleshooting when we haven't reached the 24 hours.

Jon

by Bluekev Contributor
Contributor

OK. I won't be able to check it again until this evening so will let you know then. 

Also, should I be able to view content from BT Sport on my ipad? I tried that last night too but it said something about being unable to play the video as it wasn't an EE device. 

Thanks

Kevin. 

by

Great @Bluekev.

Let us know how you get on, which match are you going to watch tonight?

Does your iPad have an EE SIM card in it?

Jon

by Bluekev Contributor
Contributor

I'll probably watch Juve v Man Utd, although I do enjoy the Goals Show! 

The ipad doesn't have an EE sim. I assumed I could just log into the BT app though and it would work? 

by

I was thinking the same thing @Bluekev.

The goals show is the best way to see all the action!

The BT Sport app on EE will only work with devices that have an EE SIM card in.

Hopefully we can get the casting working soon so that you don't need to use the iPad 🙂

Jon

by Bluekev Contributor
Contributor

It's still telling me that I need to enable casting for BT Sport and to text Sport to 150. I would've thought it would be working by now? 

by

Hi @Bluekev

I recommend giving our technical support team before the match starts.

They're in the best position to help you with this.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Chris

by Bluekev Contributor
Contributor

I spoke with tech support last night but the casting still isn't working, still says I need to text Sport to 150 to enable it. Hemanto at tech support said to wait 24 hours from yesterday evening and assured me it would be up and running. This is surely taking much longer than it should to activate it? 

by

Good Morning @Bluekev.

Thanks for getting back to us.

Did he say what he did last night?

I've seen other threads on the community where other users have contacted technical support and got a fix.

Jon

by Bluekev Contributor
Contributor

He said the diagnostics looked fine and he refreshed some account settings, told me to restart my handset which I did but that didn't work. I tried again this morning and still get the same message. 

by

Thanks again @Bluekev.

I'd recommend getting back in touch with technical support and speaking with our BT Sport team.

Other users have mentioned some settings being incorrect on their account, this could be the same for you.

Jon

by Bluekev Contributor
Contributor

Speaking to yet another team isn't great for me as I'm in work all day, would you be able to move this forward on my behalf if you feel it's necessary to get the issue resolved?

The person I spoke to on Tech Support arranged for someone to call me at 18:00 tonight too. 

by

Hi @Bluekev.

Did they say who was going to call you tonight?

If it's the BT Sport team, they are the best people to speak with so I'd advise waiting for the call and not calling in yourself.

Jon

by Bluekev Contributor
Contributor

I think it's tech support calling me back, I will await their call and go from there. 

by

Ok thanks @Bluekev.

Keep me updated with the progress and let me know if you need any further help 🙂

Jon

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions