by Dossantos299
Explorer

Bt sport casting still not working, app fine, Google chrome cast fine but not wo

Adding the bt sport casting to my account 5 days ago, still not working. App is fine, chrome cast is fine, you tube and i player cast fine. But if I try to cast bt sports just says I haven't enabled casting, even through casting is on when logged into my ee. Spoken with 2 different staff via customer services, texted 150 4 times now. Still nothing

20 REPLIES 20
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Bt sport casting still not working, app fine, Google chrome cast fine but no

Hi @Dossantos299

If you are using Android close the app down then go into settings - apps/apps management find the app and clear the cache/date, You might need to log into the app again.

I'm also not sure if you can cast in HD, so try the SD cast.

Does this help?

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Bt sport casting still not working, app fine, Google chrome cast fine but no

Hi @Dossantons299

Welcome to the community. 🙂

I've sent you a private message looking for more information.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Chris

by Paul808 Contributor
Contributor

BT Sport app will also not cast to my Google Chromecast from my iphone! Need a fix asap

by

Hi @Paul808

Have you text BT Sport to 150 again recently?

Even if you've had BT Sport with us for a while, you have to send the message again to activate casting.

Chris

by Paul808 Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I have done that, it replied telling me that i am paying £5 and my free casting will expire in November etc. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the bt app

by

OK, thanks @Paul808.

Please check your inbox, I've sent you a message.

Chris

by Jo72130 Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same problem what can I do? 

by

Hi @Jo72130

Welcome to the community.

Did you re-send BT Sport to 150 too?

Chris

by danielo12
Explorer

Hi

i am having same issues too. With chromecast. 

I’ve text 150 which just confirms its activated until November. Account in ee app says it’s been added as an add on. 

by

Hi @danielo12

Thanks for confirming that, I've sent you a private message too.

Please take a look at your inbox.

Thanks

Chris

by bevybizzle
Visitor

Hi Christopher_G i am having the same issue, the add on is activated on my account as i chekced and it still won't cast for me. will you be able to help me? thanks

by

Hi @bevybizzle,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Have you tried re-sending BT Sport to 150?

Thanks

James

by Clairefarrell27 Investigator
Investigator

Hi did you get this sorted? Having same problem and it’s driving me crazy!!!

by Mark_philpot Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Had the same problem yesterday, signed up for BT Sport on EE with casting via the 150 text service. Worked fine on the BT App but when casting it via Apple TV nothing worked & as soon the game started the casting icon completely disappeared. After being on live help for over half an hr to EE they said it was an Apple issue *COUGH* had Apple reset my Apple TV and they confirmed it’s definitely an EE/BT issue. What a waste of time, has anyone actually got this to work yet??

by
EE Community Team

Hi @Mark_philpot,

Have you reported this issue with our guys in technical Support

Our live chat teams are here to help until 11pm if you would prefer this contact method.

They will be able to ensure everything is set up as it should be via your account.

Let me know how you get on 

Alex

by Paul808 Contributor
Contributor

I simply gave up in the end, cancelled the BTSport App and will gladly switch to another provider when my contract is up in a few weeks. Got tired of the same old fixes that never worked. 30 quid Chromecast now gathering dust.

by joshb81
Explorer

Hi I have the same issue.

every time I try to cast to my tv via google chromecast, it says that I need text 150 etc but I have already done this and bt sport works fine on the app just doesn’t cast.

is there a way to fix? Thanks

by

Hi @joshb81,

Welcome to the EE Community. Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems casting to your TV.

Have you spoken to technical support? They'll be able to double check it's set up on your account.

Thanks

James

by joshb81
Explorer

Hi James thanks for your message. I tried technical support but they are saying the option is not available on their side even though it is advertised as free for 3 months for casting and the app. They will call me back but it seems this is an issue that is happening to a lot of people. Do you have a solution? Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.