Highlighted
by Lililili
Explorer

Bought 3GB + 10GB for £25 but never got the free 10GB??

I bought an EE simcard from a simcard office at Heathrow airport last Friday for £25. The physical pack says 3GB with a sticker on it that says “Plus 10GB free for 30 days”. Even my receipt says “EE Pre-loaded SIM 13GB qty 1”. I got a text just now that I used all my data, but when I check it via EE website I’ve only used up 3GB and never had the free 10GB in the first place. Did I get scammed? Where did my supposedly free 10GB go?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Bought 3GB + 10GB for £25 but never got the free 10GB??

@Lililili see the thread on the same question in the link below. There are more replies on it:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Texted-LHR10-to-obtain-free-10Gb-but-failed/m-p/686705

40 REPLIES 40
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Lililili. someone else asked the same question recently. They were told that the other 10 Gb should appear once the first half Gb has been used up. So your other 10 Gb ought to have shown up already. 

Hence, you need to phone EE on

0207 362 0200 to get it sorted. 

Or freephone 0800 079 8586.

by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

@Lililili see the thread on the same question in the link below. There are more replies on it:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/Texted-LHR10-to-obtain-free-10Gb-but-failed/m-p/686705

by Lililili
Explorer

Phoned 150 and talked to the customer service in the end. The person I talked with helped me add the 10GB into my account. I didn’t know about the LHR text before so thank you to those who linked me the thread anyways! Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You'll need at least 25p credit to call EE's 0207 no.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Lililili I'm glad you got it sorted. 

by Emily0001
Explorer

It is urgent! I have the same problem. I bought a SIM card with free 10GB last week. I’ve used up all of initial 3GB but I cannot get the extra 10GB. It seems that I will get the 10GB automatically after I use up all of the initial data or if I text”LHR10” to 150, it will be activated. But I got a message saying that “Unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer. Please check you have an active Pay As You Go pack and have called, text or used data during the lifetime of your pack“ I don’t have other option to activate the 10GB.... How can I use the free GB??? I need the data ASAP!

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Emily0001.

Do you have any data remaining at the moment? the free data boost should automatically activate after you have used your data. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by zachrazali
Explorer

Hi Katie, I have the same issue here. im currently travelling the entire europe and really need the roaming data as promised. Once i reached <300mb the data started to freeze which unable for me to use it all up in order to activate the free 10gb. So i topup an addon of 500mb to use the remaining 3gb’s balance. As of now, the 3gb data has been exhausted but im yet to receive the free 10gb. please reply to this ASAP as it is crucial to have the internet at this point. I dont want to topup again just to call the cfo for 25p. thats absurd as the minimum topup at at £5.

by

Good Morning @zachrazali

Thank you for coming to the community 🙂

I have sent you a private message for further information, 

Katie 

by Emily0001
Explorer

I don’t have the remaining data anymore. Ive been waiting for more than 15 hours since I used all of 3GB. I went to the EE shop in Cheltenham today, but the staff didn’t know how to activate the 10GB and gave me number of EE support call. So, I called it, but the operator said she cannot access my account due to the privacy policy. How can I do to get the 10GB? This sim is not convenient for travellers!

by

Hi @Emily0001.

Please check your private messages, there should be a message from me 🙂

Katie

by Artem101
Visitor

Hello, I have the same problem. 0 at balance, did not receive 10gb free. Please help, what can I do? 

by

Hi there @Artem101

Thanks for coming to the community.

I have sent you a private message for further information.

Leanne 🙂

by zachrazali
Explorer

reach out for the outbound team to call you and demand 10gb boost. they ought to do it

Sent from my iPhone, pardon for any typos and brevity.
by Bsjoshi
Visitor

Hello,

I am having the same issue as listed above. Could you please help me also. Thank you.

by

Good Morning @Bsjoshi

Welcome to the community 🙂

I have sent you a private message for further information. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 

by Porcherino
Explorer

Hi there,

I have the same problem. I brought the SIM card last Tuesday (30th April 2019) at Heathrow airport. Would you mind giving me some advice? Thank you very much. 

Bests,

Porcherino

by

Good Afternoon @Porcherino

Welcome to the community. 

Has you 3GB of data ran out?

Thanks, 

Katie 🙂

by Dazzabird Contributor
Contributor

Out of interest at Heathrow....where are these sims located....

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.