by Colin310
Explorer

BTSport “data on us”

Hi,

i currently have a 4gee Max plan & get the BTSport app free of charge.

Have the T&C’s changed to stop the data on us while using the app?? I’ve just been watching UCL tonight & used my 4G as I have done in the past & never used my data up. After a while I got an 80% usage txt & I only have 614mb left with 21 days to go.

Surely if T&C’s changed I would need to be notified? Just like I’ve had an email abt the price increase.

Any help would be much appreciated, can’t call or live chat as closed @ 8pm

👍🏻

8 REPLIES 8
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: BTSport “data on us”

Hi,

I just had a look, I can see this on the website:

“Data's on us

You'll be watching as much as possible during your free three months, and why not? We'll cover the data you use, so you don't need to worry about using up your allowance”

https://ee.co.uk/why-ee/bt-sport

It sounds like it is only for the first three months.

W

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Colin310   @winston  Is correct it’s only free data to stream for 3 months and it always has been since EE first offered the free 3 months streaming.  

by Colin310
Explorer

Hi,

thanks for this & i did read this last night. However I am talking before the casting option & free trial of that was made available.

Going to call EE today to double check, pre the casting being made available I watched countless games without using data as it was better speed/quality that using my wifi.

Thanks

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Colin310.

Our BT Sport help page has all the information you'll need for casting and data usage.

It mentions on the page that data will be covered for the first three months.

Jon

by tannybashir Contributor
Contributor

Hi there so did u find out why all of a sudden your data was being used by the bt sports app, when it was free data to watch before the new bt casting app promotion ?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @tannybashir,

The free data offer is only for the first three months.

Find out more here.

Thanks

James

Contributor

Yes I just spoke to ee tech , you see some of us had 6 months free bt sports promo with data on ee, but now it's changed, 

Free data on the bt sports app is in conjunction with the new ee smartplan,  so data does not come out of your allowance if your on the new smartplan with this new bt sports casting app

Contributor

I just spoke to ee tech , they advised data does come out of your allowance whilst you use the bt sports app ,after the free promotion ends on all we plans except the new ee smartplan

If you are on the new ee smartplan then data on the new bt sports casting app is free and does not come out of your monthly data allowance 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.