by davidgedney Investigator
Investigator

BT sport on iPad not working

I have recently upgraded to the big screen subscription for BT sport for £15 a month. I was able to download and access the BT sport app on windows 10, but when I downloaded it on iOS for my iPad when I try and watch I receive the message: 

"Sorry, if you haven't upgraded to the BT sport app casting product then you need a device with an EE SIM to view live content or access the enhanced player".

I was under the impression that in taking the £15 a month option I would be able to have the app on multiple devices, which seems to be the case in part with windows 10 but not iPad. Can anyone clarify?

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: BT sport on iPad not working

@davidgedney  The EE BT sport offer is only for devices that have a EE SIM card in them,   Casting is when you cast what’s on your device to a TV via a Apple TV or a Goggle chrome or you can login to the BT sport app via a Apple TV or newer  a Samsung smart TV 1015 or newer or a Xbox one or newer.   It is not possible to use your iPad unless it has a EE sim in it and lets just say you got lucky with the windows 10 and I wouldn’t be surprised if at some point that this ability was blocked in the future. 

Please read THIS about the BT sport offer. 

Investigator

Hi Chris, I'm slightly confused as the link you've provided suggests I can log in to BT sport online and link my laptop via HDMI, however when I try and log in to BT sport online I receive the message:

"Your BT Sport subscription is a Mobile subscription and therefore does not include access to the online player". 

Yet I am able to access via the app on windows 10 which you say shouldn't be the case!?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@davidgedney    EE/BT have allowed certain devices to have this access but the EE BT sport subscription is for devices that have a EE Sim card in them and your iPad unless it is a cellular iPad with a EE Sim card in it does not conform to what they set out that can and cannot have this subscription.  As I said your lucky with the W10 device and until that method is blocked enjoy it.  

Investigator

Hi Chris, thanks for the info. I understand your point re the iPad not being an EE sim device and therefore not eligible and that the W10 app is an anomaly, but going back to the link you sent me it suggests I should be able to log in to BT sport online on a laptop and connect this to my TV via HDMI. However as previously stated I can't log in to BT sport online and receive the message I previously quoted. So is the information in the link you sent me incorrect? 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.