Highlighted
by Ipan Investigator
Investigator

BT Sports App and TV Licence

Hello.

In the legal bit it states for the BT Sports App that "To use the app you’ll need a TV licence for the household registered to your EE account."

I lodge and the house has a TV licence, however I probably won't be able to register the licence to my EE account. Does that mean that I cannot use the app?

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: BT Sports App and TV Licence

There is no registration of a TV licence to be made on your a/c. EE don't even check your household has a TV licence

That disclaimer is solely a warning to you to make sure that you comply with the law.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
2 REPLIES 2
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

No you dont have to attach the TV license it goes by your account address so if your EE address is at your place you live and that has a license you are fine to use it.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

There is no registration of a TV licence to be made on your a/c. EE don't even check your household has a TV licence

That disclaimer is solely a warning to you to make sure that you comply with the law.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions