by Ironpaul
Visitor

BT Sport no longer working on iPad

Hi everyone 

I have had the £5 BT sport subscription for 5/6 months and have watched it on my iPad no problem just by logging in to to bt sports app.

I got an error message over a week back saying I couldn’t watch it if it didn’t have an EE sim connected. (See screenshot) I have never needed this, but when I contacted EE live chat they said I needed to put the sim in so it could verify it was my EE account.

I didn’t actually realise until I came off the chat that I don’t have an iPad where I cam input a SIM card, only wifi

Is there a way I can still link it to my EE account? I have watched it for 6 months without having to do this and now I feel I won’t be able to?

also if I pay for the casting would this work on iPad or just the tv?

Thanks

Paul

C30F7807-DF2B-463D-8408-107CCE38CB3B.png

1 REPLY 1
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: BT Sport no longer working on iPad

@Ironpaul   Casting is only to cast to a Apple TV from a iPhone or iPad with a EE sim in the device.  

As for that error message it looks like BT have now disabled you from using a WiFi only tablet with your BT sport subscription if setup via your EE account.  You’ll need to setup an account directly with BT sport on the tablet. 

The EE sport offer is only for a EE device that has a SIM card in it as that is the offer via EE and BT are now making sure that’s how it works. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions