cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport Big Screen upgrade for an extra £5

MrsA311
Investigator
Investigator

I recently added the BT Sport Swappable to my account for free and saw on the EE website it says I can upgrade to BT Sport Big Screen for an extra £5. However, I can't find the option anywhere and when I asked online chat they wanted to charge me an extra £10 a month.

Does anyone know how I can access BT Sport on multiple devices or screencast? I have Samsung TV that I've been able to cast other things to but also the BT Sport App on the TV too.

Many thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @MrsA311.

Welcome to the community.

That's right, if you have BT Sport as a swappable benefit, you can pay £5 extra a month for large screen access.

If you're not getting this option, I'd recommend contacting our Customer Care team so they can check your account.

Jon

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@MrsA311   It is £10 to have big screen access.  It’s £5 to subscribe to BT sport if you don’t have it as a free add on. 

Thank you. Am I reading this wrong then?

“If you have BT Sport as your Swappable Benefit, you can pay £5 per month extra to watch on multiple devices and on the large screen.”

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @MrsA311.

Welcome to the community.

That's right, if you have BT Sport as a swappable benefit, you can pay £5 extra a month for large screen access.

If you're not getting this option, I'd recommend contacting our Customer Care team so they can check your account.

Jon

Thank you. I’ll get in touch again as the EE chat team told me it would be £10 too, even though I had said I have it as a swappable. Thanks for your help.

Cassielass
Explorer

Having the exact same problem.  Had to call customer support to get it fixed.  It's almost as if EE doesn't want us to know there is a cheaper option if you have bt as a swappable!  

I agree with that one. It took two bounts of online chat after this to sort it out. The first person said it was set up but could take 24 hours. A week later it wasn’t working still.

Went onto online chat again to see if I had missed an email or something and they told me the person hadn’t set it up. Thankfully the 2nd person did set it up and it worked almost instantly! I get that covid is affecting everything at the moment, so I expect long waits in calls or online chat, but to wait so long and for the person not to even fulfil the request even though they said they had was pretty annoying!!

on hold with customer support right now!  needed someone to override it - so clearly not set up as support person needs a supervisor to 'over ride the setting'.  

I had BT sport on my Samsung phone for over 4 years and I used smart view(large screen) regularly.  About a year ago EE changed the conditions on it saying I had pay an extra £10 for this service. So I refused just out of principal. How change the conditions of your contract without you knowing. 

Once you add/ opt for large screen bt sport as an extra how easy is it to remove when not needed