by Mav_N Established Contributor
Established Contributor

BT Sport App not working

Hi, I hope someone can help me out with this. I upgraded to a Sim Only Max plan today and as part of the Max plan I get access to BT Sport on my iPhone but keep getting the error as shown in the Photo even though it is active on my account under Add Ons and I'm not trying to cast it, Just watch on my Phone. Can anybody share any light on this? It would be much appreciated. 

image1.jpeg

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: BT Sport App not working

Hi @Mav_N,

It can take up to 24 hours for BT Sport to activate.

Please let us know if it's still not working after 24 hours have past.

Thanks

James

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Mav_N

I cannot see the image, but did you register for the service? Text SPORT to 150 and follow the instructions?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Established Contributor

Hi @Northerner it basically says that I need to have an EE Sim and text SPORT to 150 to had it added to my account. I have done this and get a reply say because I have the MAx plan, BT Sport is inclusive.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are there SIM-Only Max Plans (again)? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

Hi @XRaySpeX I had actually thought they had stopped doing them but spoke to customer services today about roaming in the USA. Guy was brilliant and couldn’t have been more helpful and was keen to. Told me he could move me to a Sim Only Max plan for a tenner more a month so can’t complain. I’m not sure if it’s available to new customers though as I’m sure he said it’s for existing  customers only. 

by
Solution

Hi @Mav_N,

It can take up to 24 hours for BT Sport to activate.

Please let us know if it's still not working after 24 hours have past.

Thanks

James

Established Contributor

Hi @James_B Thanks for letting me know. 

by

No problem @Mav_N Smiley Happy

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Mav_N wrote:

Told me he could move me to a Sim Only Max plan for a tenner more a month

Sounds like he's cobbled together a normal Sim Only plan + the Go Further add-on. That add-on is £10 / month but with it you only need to have it for the 6 months around your visit to US.

Have you looked how your plan is described in your MyEE?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

Hi @XRaySpeX it says I'm now on a 4GEE Max Sim plan, I've just had a look at it's actually only £5 a month more as he's given me a £10 Loyalty Add On as well which is great.

Definitely not the Go Further Add On as I asked about this and the Agent was really honest with me and said there wasn't any point in getting that as I will have to have it for a minimum of 6 months!. Why can't more people be honest like him? I moved over from Three in July and glad I did as Three are a joke of a Network. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.