by Ryanoko Investigator
Investigator

Apple Music activation issue

Hi,

So I joined EE in February and soon after tried to activate the 6 months of Apple Music offer. I requested the code and attempted to activate on the 3rd March, received the activation link, which took me to the app and then it closed right away and didn't load anything.

After reading several comments on here, I'm not alone. However, I've had a prepaid Apple Music membership which expires tomorrow, June 1st. I've seen that Apple Music via EE activated after your old Apple Music membership expires, however on my EE account it says I've activated my subscription in march with EE and it'll expire in September, when actually for the past 3 months I've been using my own paid membership which I had prior to joining EE.

Can someone confirm that I'll receive 6 months from the date my old paid subscription expires, June 1st, and not 6 months from the date I attempted to activate, March 3rd, as I feel that I'll have lost out on 3 months of free music from EE and have been penilised for having a prepaid subscription before I joined, as the only reason I switched to EE was to take advantage of the full 6 months of this promotion.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Apple Music activation issue

Hi, 

Did you read the terms and guide for this offer on EE comprehensive Apple Music pages

Under the "setting up" pages it says you need to cancel any existing Apple Music subscriptions. (I assume you are an iPhone user) 

Cancelling if you already have Apple Music membership directly with Apple

We'll remind you to cancel your existing Apple Music membership while you're setting up your Apple Music Membership from EE. This means you won't pay for the service twice. Here are the steps to follow - on iPhone and on Android devices.

Cancelling on iPhone

Step 1. You'll be notified you have an existing Apple Music membership direct with Apple. Select OK.

Step 2. From the Apple Music home screen select the Apple Music account icon - on the top left corner of the screen.

Step 3. You'll see your Apple Music account page and select 'View Apple ID' from the menu.

Step 4. You'll then see your Apple Music account page. Select 'Manage' from the Subscription menu.

Step 5. On your Apple Music membership account page, switch the 'Automatic Renewal' toggle to OFF.

Your Apple music membership starts from when you activated it, so you need to cancel your existing service before activating your free service. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Ryanoko Investigator
Investigator

Yes, I did. I cancelled my membership in March, but due to it being pre-paid with a gift card, it didn't expire until June, therefore effectively making tomorrow the first day I've been able to cancel.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Ryanoko

Not sure how this is EE fault as they made it clear what you needed to do, did you ask Apple about the prepaid card?

You could try speaking to CS tomorrow on 150 and they may offer some help. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Ryanoko Investigator
Investigator

EE stated to me that it would activate free my active subscription had expired, which would be now. How is that not making it clear to me, as the customer, that it wouldn't work in any other such way.

Apple have been my first point of call in regards to this, who've replied with the following;

"However, it appears that your carrier isn’t linked to your Apple ID. To help you on this, you’ll need to contact EE once your active membership expire to have the 6 months free Apple Music applied to your account"

Considering I'd clicked the link in March and my EE account shows it as active, and Apple themselves are saying there's no record of a link, this brings me to assume that EE is my point of contact to resolve this. Nowhere on EEs website specificity related to exciting pre-paid Apple Music memberships, just the monthly payment subscription, which I did not have.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ryanoko

Thank you for coming to see us in community 🙂

Have you had a look at our Upgrading & new customers: Get six free months of Apple Music post?

How to get six free months of Apple Music

• You can start your six months of Apple Music on us at any time within the first 30 days of your contract.
  • Ask in-store when setting up your contract, or add as an extra in your basket if you’re buying online
  • If you’re an upgrading customer, text ‘MUSIC’ to 150 from your new phone within 30 days.

What date did you try in February was it within the 30 days time frame?  In order to activate the free six months it must be within 30 days or it can't be activated.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Ryanoko Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I activated on March 3rd, which was within the 30 days of me joining, however my membership has only kicked in today, and when I text EE in regards to my subscription, I get this response;

"You already have an Apple Music membership with EE. The free 6 months offer will end on 01 Sep 2017 If you haven't already set up the service, get started by visiting https://itunes.apple.com/carrier and start enjoying access to millions of songs on your EE phone."

My actual membership with EE only started today, since when I activated in March, I had an exciting prepaid membership with Apple until June 1st, despite me cancelling on March to use my EE membership.

I was under the impression that it would be 6 months from the moment my old subscription expired, but it seems that for the past 3 months, I've received Apple Music from EE that I've been unable to use, and therefore as a result of having a prepaid membership which had to expire today despite me cancelling it 3 months ago, I now only get to enjoy free music until September, which is extremely disappointing and something I'm unable to clarify, as I thought it wouldn't kick in until I was free of my old membership?

by
EE Employee

Hi @Ryanoko and welcome to the community

I understand your frustration with this issue, in regards to the Apple music not cancelling, this is something you will need to pick up with Apple.

It does seem that our music subscription has picked up the cancelation request.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Ryanoko Investigator
Investigator

What do you mean by this? I'm not sure what I need to ask from Apple as I've discussed this several times with them before registering here, since all they've done is refer me to EE as the promotion is offered by you.

Long story short, am I only getting free music until September, and have lost out on 3 months due to me having a prepaid subscription with Apple?

Thanks

by
EE Employee

Hi @Ryanoko

If you requested the cancellation in march and they have still been charging you till now this would have to be refunded via themselves.

It does look like the promotional product has started in march and it was valid for 6 months which correct is September.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.