Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Amazon Prime video - cant stop it?

Hi. I took the Amazon Prime Video trial last year ending in November. Somehow its been added now to my account as fixed add on. It says end date is 8th April 2020 and then I will be charged for it.

I tried sending Stop Prime to 150, but dont get any response. On MyEE app its listed as fixed that cant be removed. Does it mean its free for me now fixed? I dont want to pay for it!

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Amazon Prime video - cant stop it?

Thanks @Jannen

Thanks for confirming this for me.

As this has an end date and no other add-on is showing it looks like this is going to cancel for you.

You can check this by giving us a call on 150, the team will check the add-on for you and make sure this is cancelled on the 08 April 🙂

Let me know how you get on.

Leanne 🙂

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's text  STOP PRIME VIDEO to 150.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi. As I mentioned the STOP PRIME VIDEO to 150 is not working (I tried both STOP PRIME and STOP PRIME VIDEO). I only get a response from EE with options what you can do with 150. It does not acknowledge that command!

On MyEE the Prime Video is still as ADD on and it says its Fixed - with no option to remove or cancel it.

Please help?

Highlighted
by

Hi there @Jannen

Thanks for coming to the community.

Do you have a price plan that includes swappables?

Leanne.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You didn't! You only mention STOP PRIME to 150 & I corrected you. I can only go by what you wrote, not what's on your mind. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Leanne_T Leanne. Nope - its a contract I had since 2016... no swappables I'm aware of! I only took the 6 month Amazon Prime Video trial offer last year.

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@XRaySpeX  Well I actually did.

I'm really here to find help, I don't want to start paying for Amazon Video, I want it stopped. If you can help that's appreciated, no need to be rude...

Highlighted
by

Hi @Jannen 

Thanks for the quick reply.

Does the fixed add-on within your My EE show as chargeable?

Just to check, do you have the free Amazon Prime Video add-on showing with an end date and then a chargeable fixed add-on showing as well?

Leanne.

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Leanne_T 

In MyEE, under FIXED ADD-ONS it lists Prime Video with 'Ends on 8th April 2020'

If I click on it it says: 'On us for 6 months, then £4.79 a month' Your free trial expires 8th Apr 2020.

Its only listed once.

Highlighted
by
Solution

Thanks @Jannen

Thanks for confirming this for me.

As this has an end date and no other add-on is showing it looks like this is going to cancel for you.

You can check this by giving us a call on 150, the team will check the add-on for you and make sure this is cancelled on the 08 April 🙂

Let me know how you get on.

Leanne 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Leanne_T 

I managed to get through to CS on 150. Little wait as expected but was worth it. It should now cancel on the 8th.

Thanks for your help 😊

Highlighted
by

Great @Jannen

Thanks for coming back and letting me know 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.