by JaneParkin Investigator
Investigator

Activating international pass £2 IDD

I am try to activate my new phone line to access the above mentioned package for purposes of ringing my family back in Kenya as discussed and agreed in our recently purchased contract with EE but I have gotten a reply that they are unable to add my number to the pass and that I should ring them to be assisted but turns out their office is currently closed,is there any alternative form of communication available for customers service?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Activating international pass £2 IDD

I don't see that you need to amend your contract. Your basic contract allowances of mins, text & data is not affected by what add-ons you have or not & by your account you failed to add the add-on suggested by EE's store cuz they seemingly told you the wrong code.

@JaneParkin wrote:

do I qualify to amend it into the free Call Abroad add on (1) that you have suggested with £20 a month and 250 minutes (2)

They are 2 separate add-ons:

1. The Call Abroad add-on is absolutely free & will cost you 8p/min to call Kenya whenever you need to.
  2. The International Extra add-on is £20 / month & gives you 250 free mins to call abroad whether you use them or not. So they work out at the equivalent of 8p / min if you use all 250 mins but would be dearer if you use less. However if you ever use more than 250 mins / month it will cost you £2 /min to call Kenya, unlike the Call Abroad add-on.

Just text CALL ABROAD to 150 & all it'll cost you is 8p / min whenever you call Kenya.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
14 REPLIES 14
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @JaneParkin

Our standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekdays and 8am to 8pm on weekends

You will be able to call tomorrow. CS is now closed.

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Great I will ring tomorrow and hopefully they can sort me out as I am a new customer and I am hoping for easy access to customer service as well as quick problem solving for me to enjoy the benefits of being in partnership with them!

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@JaneParkin: What exactly do you mean by an "international pass £2 IDD"? Where do you see a link to it? 

Are you a personal or business customer? Maybe that pass is a business product.

International calls & texts to overseas nos. from UK can be rather expensive but EE has a free add-on that anyone, on PAYG or contract, can apply for to give these calls & texts at a fraction of the standard rates. See The Free CALL ABROAD Add-on for Cheap Calls/Texts from UK . To Kenya calls would be 8p / min.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I recently visited your store in Derby and we got a contract that will allow me to ring Kenya under a the International Extra package and was told to text INTPASS2 to 150 to activate my line in order to be able to access the package 

So earlier on when I was setting up the phone I texted the above mentioned info and that's when I got the reply that they are unable to add my number to the £2 IDD pass and that I should ring 150 so that they can add me to the pass thusy reason for opening this thread

I hope that helps a bit to understand the whole IDD thing

Investigator

And the mentioned package was suggested to us by your Derby store attendant Graeme and the contract is a pay monthly one £2 a month and 10p a minute which is what we deem fit for us because we are just using EE for the purpose of ringing my family only

by Grand Master
Grand Master

There's some mix-up here.

The International Extra Pack is £20 / month (not £2) & the code to send to 150 is 250INTL2. It gives you 250 free mins to call abroad incl. Kenya. See How do I call abroad with pay monthly add-ons?  . Note that the International (non-Extra) Pack @ £10 / month does not incl. Kenya & hence the Extra was suggested.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Further mix-up here.

@JaneParkin wrote:

the contract is a pay monthly one £2 a month and 10p a minute

I don't recognise that 1 but the free CALL ABROAD add-on I 1st suggested is cheaper than that.

BTW: I don't have stores. I am a private individual like you.

Investigator

I am finding you really helpful with the info you are sharing with me...so since I have not used any of the the minutes in the contract issued to me do I qualify to amend it into the free Call Abroad add on that you have suggested with £20 a month and 250 minutes because it seems like we were misguided by the Store attendant who served us as I mentioned earlier on.

And if we qualify to amend the contract how do we go about it please advise accordingly on the same

Investigator

I have just seen your disclaimer that you are just an individual like me so my apologies for keeping referring to you as an employee of EE lol

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

I don't see that you need to amend your contract. Your basic contract allowances of mins, text & data is not affected by what add-ons you have or not & by your account you failed to add the add-on suggested by EE's store cuz they seemingly told you the wrong code.

@JaneParkin wrote:

do I qualify to amend it into the free Call Abroad add on (1) that you have suggested with £20 a month and 250 minutes (2)

They are 2 separate add-ons:

1. The Call Abroad add-on is absolutely free & will cost you 8p/min to call Kenya whenever you need to.
  2. The International Extra add-on is £20 / month & gives you 250 free mins to call abroad whether you use them or not. So they work out at the equivalent of 8p / min if you use all 250 mins but would be dearer if you use less. However if you ever use more than 250 mins / month it will cost you £2 /min to call Kenya, unlike the Call Abroad add-on.

Just text CALL ABROAD to 150 & all it'll cost you is 8p / min whenever you call Kenya.

Investigator

Thanks alot for walking me through this.I now totally get you and will try to get the add on included and see how it goes.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Christopher_G: Is there an International add-on with the text code INTPASS2? If so, where is it described in the Help system? I can't find it.

by
EE Employee

Hi @JaneParkin and welcome to the community.

The £2 pass that has been mentioned is no longer available.

We only have the chargeable bundle and free addon as mentioned above by @XRaySpeX.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.