Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor

Sign in to Network EE message on S20 Ultra

Hi, I have had a Samsung S20 Ultra for 6 days and upgraded from a Samsung S9 4G, using the same SIM. I'm very happy with the phone but am experiencing a problem when moving from WiFi to mobile data.

If I manually, or through leaving home, switch from WiFi to mobile data then I get a message in the notification area to say "Sign in to Network EE" and all mobile data stops. Calls still work. If I select the message then I get a blank page titled 'Sign in to Network EE' and the 3 dot menu asks to ignore or sign in. Either option doesn't bring back data.

I have tried rebooting the handset a few times but the issue reoccurs the next time I switch to mobile data.

I did find a workaround which seems to work by switching from 5G (and below) to 4G (and below). So far today, this has worked and data has survived switching manually from WiFi to mobile. If I switch back to 5G then it will work (on 4G though) but after a few hours if I go out of range of WiFi then it fails again. The workaround seems to get me back online.

Whilst I live outside the SW M25 in a village, I don't have 5G anyway but when we return to work, I will have 5G signal as I work in and around London.

I am on a 5G Smart Plan 120GB.

Obviously, it's just inconvenient at the moment but would prefer not to have to do this when I will in future want to take advantage of 5G.

Any thoughts?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor
Solution

Re: Sign in to Network EE message on S20 Ultra

Just to report back, my problem is solved.

I contacted Customer Care and we ran through re-provisioning the handset. Now seems to work fine. 

Great help from the guys still working in the call centre and not safe at home. Appreciated.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Japester36,

Welcome back to the community.

I'd recommend contacting Customer Care so our Tech Gurus can run through some diagnostics with you.

They'll be happy to help.

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by Contributor
Contributor
Solution

Just to report back, my problem is solved.

I contacted Customer Care and we ran through re-provisioning the handset. Now seems to work fine. 

Great help from the guys still working in the call centre and not safe at home. Appreciated.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update @Japester36

I'm glad the team were able to help.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions