by imran619 Contributor
Contributor

Question regarding 5G Data SIM Usage with a 5G Router

Hi,

I wanted to know as per 3rd Party websites who sell 5G Routers. They all recommend EE 5G SIM Data Contract SIMS. I wanted to know is there any caps on the SIM's even though they are Unlimited Data. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Question regarding 5G Data SIM Usage with a 5G Router

Both our personal and business unlimited data plans come with a fair usage policy of 1000GB, @imran619.

Chris

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@imran619   If you tether more than 12 devices you’ll be classed as a business user and you might find you’ll be put on a different tariff. 
and EE will consider usage above 1000GB/month to be commercial use and have the right to move you to a business plan. 

by imran619 Contributor
Contributor

Ok thats confusing as i was told about the 1TB limit on the business plan? Hence i canceled it?? As i previously contacted EE earlier today who advised i can use the data SIM with a compatible 5G Router with no mention of caps. When i then purchased it and went through credit checks the customer service rep advised there is a 1TB fair usage policy and a cap at 120GB if used with a router. So i am now confused. 

1TB nowadays is nothing with a household with multiple devices and streaming 24/7 i currently hit 900GB/1TB monthly.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @imran619 

The 120GB is the data sharing limit I believe (sharing data with other Sims on your account). The 1000GB limit is fair use before EE would consider you a business user. In reality I don't know how strict EE are on this limit, so if you exceed it one for example. 

1TB for home use is a massive amount of data even for the most data hungry family, if you are using 900GB/1TB then you need a more commercial option.

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@imran619 wrote:

a cap at 120GB if used with a router.

There is no such cap. EE can't stop you putting the SIM in any device you choose & can't make extra conditions if you do so, as per OFCOM Regs.

Maybe they were confused with the FUP of 12 or more devices serviced by the router & its SIM being considered as business use.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by imran619 Contributor
Contributor

Got you. So for a business/commercial SIM package there isnt a real cap or 1 TB fair usage? Correct me if I'm wrong

by

Hi @imran619

Welcome to the community. 🙂

With the EE Business Unlimited Data plan, we consider any mobile data usage above 1000GB to be inappropriate, and reserve the right to move affected customers off an EE Business Unlimited Data plan.

Chris

by imran619 Contributor
Contributor

Ok now I'm receiving mixed messages on this post. 

by
Solution

Both our personal and business unlimited data plans come with a fair usage policy of 1000GB, @imran619.

Chris

View solution in original post

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.