by jk1526 Investigator
Investigator

Oneplus 7 Pro 5g not dual sim! Why?

Hi,

just gone to setup my new phone to discover it's not dual sim. Yet in all spec sheets i have read it states it is. Why has EE chosen this route? The second sim is even dual sim, so a bit of a shot in the foot in my opinion!

Looks like i'll be returning it tomorrow.

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Oneplus 7 Pro 5g not dual sim! Why?

@jk1526  Have a look at THIS I’m not sure if you aware of how the 2nd sim goes in or not or even if the device from EE is duel sim or not but if it is this is how you install it. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If you dial *#06# do you get one or two IMEIs?

by jk1526 Investigator
Investigator

Only one as you can only insert 1 SIM card!

by jk1526 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks, seen it. 5G definitely not dual sim.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jk1526   Where did you get the device from ?  If it was a store sale then you can not return it as there is no cooling of period for store sales, only online and phone sales get a cooling of period because of distance selling laws. 

by jk1526 Investigator
Investigator

Online, so returning it today.
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@jk1526   In case you don’t know you need to call customer services and tell them you don’t want the device they will send out a returns bag for you for you to return the device in you cannot just send it back. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

It's possibly a recent addition to the OnePlus website (as I don't remember seeing it before), but the specs page now states:

OnePlus 7 Pro 5G version: Single nano-SIM slot

I wonder if they couldn't squeeze in the extra tech without increasing the size a lot more than they already have.

by jk1526 Investigator
Investigator

Not sure, as on Qualcomms page for the x50 modem it states it's suitable for dual sim. Not sure why they've gone this route. Have messaged OP and EE, no response as yet!

by kimihiro0104 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

this is due to Qualcomm chip is quite limited in a way, but the Huawei chipset is fully featured (Mate 20 X 5G support dual sim , sim 1 is 5G/4G and Sim 2 is 4G)

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.