by Pondlife Investigator
Investigator

Is 5g safe?

I keep reading on facebook that 5g is not safe and will harm plant and animal life. Can anyone refer me to any scientific papers to put my mind at rest. 

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Is 5g safe?

Hi @Pondlife 

Try searching Google.

Telecommunications 5G is perfectly safe.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Pondlife   Must be true is you read it on Facebook then and no government in the world would allow 5G in their country, oh wait a minute.  

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Pondlife I've not heard that one before. I've only heard the scaremongering racist xenophobia about the Chinese. 

Anyway, the real danger to animal and plant life is the "elephant in the room" that no one dares mention - namely an all consuming 9 billion human population and no recognition or debate about it. 

by Pondlife Investigator
Investigator

Or maybe there is more than one elephant in the room. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Pondlife The Mobile Networks in the UK are deploying 5G using radio spectrum the same as 2G 3G & 4G 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Pondlife

The World Health Organisation has stated that there is no evidence to convince experts that using mobile devices and masts pose any health risks - this includes 5G.

You can find out more about how we’re committed to providing a safe and responsible mobile network.

Chris

by Pondlife Investigator
Investigator

But in response to your answer: I have read that there have not been any tests to establish safe levels of 5g as regards the telecoms industry. Therefore the World Health Organisation have not had safety studies to look at. There is no evidence either way as no studies have been undertaken. As I said initially - can someone point me in the direction of studies that show 5g is safe for animals and plants please - I really want to feel reassured but so far I don't.  

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Pondlife   This is just a public forum and your wanting an answer that at present this public forum can not answer.  

Highlighted
by
EE Community Team

Hi @Pondlife,

Lots of research has been done, and the World Health Organisation has found that no health risks have been established from exposure to the low-level radio signals used for mobile communications – this includes 5G.

We deploy all mobile technologies in strict adherence to the limits set by the International Commission on Non-Ionising Radiation Protection, as recognised by the UK Government.

You can read more information from Government on this matter at https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/233707?reveal_response=yes

Alex 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.