Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

self isolating - I can't add an addon after I have topped up

This is not the first time this has happened but now as I am self isolating in a caravan need access to the internet. 
After I purchase a top I try to get an add on. On my PC when I click on add on it takes me to the page http://add-on.ee.co.uk/status and says I need to turn the device off. I do this and no difference.
When I use the My EE app it says it can't add the add on and need to use the browser which then says - This page isn't working because id.ee.co.uk redirected you too many times. and says for me to clear cache. I do this and still the same issue.

I am down to just 100mb. Help

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: I cant get add ons

Hi.

I have now been able to get an add on.

Solution: Not 100 sure how I managed this but some of the steps I took. Log in to the 3g device. In this case using the Huawei hotspot. Sending sms such as DATA10 didn't work but eventually but going through the motions of doing this seemed to kickstart a aprocess allowing me to use my mobile app to purchase another £5 and then lead me to adding the data. 
A long messy process that needs to be sorted

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

I cant get add ons

2nd post. In dire need. Only 100mb data credit left and am self isolating in a caravan miles from anywhere. Have £10 top up but can't buy an add on. I have tried from a laptop connected to the Huawei device AND the My EE app. see faults in attached pics

and if you can't see the pics they were there in the preview but ...
1.pngScreenshot_2020-04-04-19-00-03-341_com.android.browser.jpg

[Mod edit: One image rejected as it contained personal information]

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @SHughesNI 

Try clicking on the 3 lines next to the star on the remaining picture, then "desktop site" (you may need to refresh).

If you have logged into this site then at the top of this page click on the  lines then "MyEE" twice and you should go into your online account. From there you should be able to add data/packages.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@SHughesNI : Try texting ADD DATA to 150 & choosing an add-on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SHughesNI

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you been able to purchase the data add-on following @Northerner's advice?

Speak soon.

Leanne.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Unfortunately the answer is no.
I have cleared my cache and cookies. I have even used another browser. When setting it to desktop I still get the attached pic. Screenshot_2020-04-05-17-07-25-204_com.opera.browser(1).jpg
the fact I can't use the £10 topup I purchased to buy any data via my laptop or my mobile app is shameful. I am now writing this on a friends computer having had to come out of self isolation because my data has run out. I had hoped there would be a solution. I now have to go back to my caravan not being able to go online. I would buy another card from another provider but all shops are closed ☹️

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you tried my text method?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Apologies. I have to login to the Huawei 3g hotspot device to be able to send a text so tried the other methods first. I am currently at a friends house and getting a good meal and bath. Will try this method tomorrow but I do have to say in case any admins are watching this post. Big fail EE that I cant utilise my £10 top up to buy data via the app or online or laptop.
I have to add I almost got somewhere by clicking random buttons and at last I found an option which looked like it would work except instead of giving me options for the data upgrade it gives only one option at a cost of £44 🙄ee.jpg

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

As you can see that didn't work either. Useless EEfailed using data attempt.jpg

Highlighted
by

Thanks for trying that, @SHughesNI

The only other thing I can suggest is speaking to our Mobile Care team. They'll do their best to help with this.

Chris

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Hi.

I have now been able to get an add on.

Solution: Not 100 sure how I managed this but some of the steps I took. Log in to the 3g device. In this case using the Huawei hotspot. Sending sms such as DATA10 didn't work but eventually but going through the motions of doing this seemed to kickstart a aprocess allowing me to use my mobile app to purchase another £5 and then lead me to adding the data. 
A long messy process that needs to be sorted

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by

I'm glad to hear you managed to get your add-on eventually, @SHughesNI.

Thanks for sharing this, I'll be sure to feed it back.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions