by gh4 Investigator
Investigator

no way of Buying Data from ee website

Whilset I can top-up from the website to my knowledge I cannot puchase data without being on the ee network and using the device itself. This is a big problem as I need to activate the data without being in my office. Given I am logged into the website and my sim is linked why is this option not available?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by gh4 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: no way of Buying Data from ee website

I think the only way currently to do it remotely. (without access to the dongle) is to phone customer services.

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@gh4  To purchase more data via your account 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @gh4

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Have you managed to add data following @Chris_B's advice?

Chris

by gh4 Investigator
Investigator

No, the option given redirects you to add-on.ee.co.uk which only works from within the ee network. 

by gh4 Investigator
Investigator

I have already added data. That is not my problem.

by gh4 Investigator
Investigator

The issue is that I cannot buy it directly from the ee website without using my 4G dongle. The add on page that allows you to use your credit in exchange for data cannot be accessed without using the dongle. It detects you are not using the dongle and the purchase options are not available. 
I understand that there has to be security but my point is that I have already logged into the ee website so why can this fact not be used by the add-on page to allow data purchase?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@gh4   You just need to login to the account the device is on and you can purchase more data there. You don’t need to use the dongle you just need to access the account.  This can be done via a PC/Phone or tablet that has a internet connection. 

by gh4 Investigator
Investigator

No. You "just" need to try what I am saying yourself.
You can top-up your credit on the account, but to buy data you have to go to add-ons which only works when using the dongle. (It's part of the EE network pre-net)

This answer says as much :-

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/4GEE-WiFi/Buying-add-on-after-running-out-of-data/m-p/790835

Why can this not be done when logged in? 

If this is not something that ee plans to change I will move to another provider.

by gh4 Investigator
Investigator
Solution

I think the only way currently to do it remotely. (without access to the dongle) is to phone customer services.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions