by Gavnor
Visitor

how to set up a 1TB hard drive storage to my 4GEE router to access from our wifi

We have a 4GEE wifi router and would like to set up an external 1TB hard drive to work through the router, I've tried to connect it via the USB port on the router but have not been able to connect to the hard drive is there a way to make this work. I've had a look on the router home page but can't find any tabs to assist with access, we are running both windows 10 and IOS on the wifi

can you help and thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: how to set up a 1TB hard drive storage to my 4GEE router to access from our

Good Morning @Gavnor

Is the hard drive compatible to connect straight to the router?

Does it not need to connect to a computer/laptop?

Where did you get the hard drive?

Jon​​​​​​​

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: how to set up a 1TB hard drive storage to my 4GEE router to access from our

You can't get the hard drive to connect to the router. The USB port is for charging & acts as a quasi-Ethernet when it has installed some EE Web Connection s/ware on the device it is connected to, which I presume you can't do on the hard drive.

You will need to connect the hard drive to 1 of your PCs & share it over the LAN.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.