by Nigel1964
Explorer

how do i connect arlo pro security via ethernet to 4gee hub

I have an arlo pro security system that requires internet connection but it needs ethernet connection to hub. I have a sky BB hub that it used to work through.

Any ideas please.

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: how do i connect arlo pro security via ethernet to 4gee hub

Hi @Nigel1964 

This is EE, not Sky community

Connect via power line adapters to your hub.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

If that device can't connect by WiFi you're gonna need a mobile BB router that has Ethernet ports, like the 4GEE Home Router.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Nigel1964
Explorer

Thank you for your answer, Im aware its EE as ive bought the 4gee yellow and black wifi. what i was saying is that i used the arlo through the sky hub but finished the contract. I also thought i might be able to utilize it?

I have 2 tp-tl-pa4010 and a tp wifi av500. ive tried a few way connecting them but no luck

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The point was that we can't give you advice about using a Sky router. If you can find a way to connect it to the 4GEE Wifi router so well & good.

Your device worked with the Sky router in the past cuz it has Ethernet ports; the 4GEE Wifi router you bought doesn't.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Nigel1964 

The yellow and black router won't work as it's only very limited. You want the white one, as it comes with lan ports. 

https://shop.ee.co.uk/dongles/pay-as-you-go-mobile-broadband/4gee-router-payg/details

The above is PAYG but you can get it on pay monthly contract.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.